Re: Custom content premade sims (sims3pack.) won't download

by Ayamjago56

Original Post

Custom content premade sims (sims3pack.) won't download

★★★★★ Apprentice

So currently I downloaded a saved premade sim that was made by a simmer and that customize sim was created on the 21st of April. However when I try to download the sim with the launcher it didn't succeed as it says that I don't have the latest software. I've seen it on the exchange website that this premade sim has been successfully downloaded by other simmers but then it failed miserably on my launcher

Message 1 of 5 (482 Views)

@Ayamjago56  The error you're seeing is generic and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with why the download fails.  For example, you might not have installed an expansion or stuff pack this sim uses, or the download itself could have been corrupted.

Please try installing the sim in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and download a fresh copy of the sim.  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  it still fails and says the same reason as before. Not sure why this happened

Message 3 of 5 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I also tried downloading other premade customize sim but it also fails. 

Message 4 of 5 (455 Views)

@Ayamjago56  Try using a different browser.  Firefox seems to work best with the store.  And it may help to clear Firefox's cache as well.

If that doesn't make a difference, try creating a new admin user account on your computer and installing the content there.  If it works, there's a way to combine the content with your existing user folder.

If this doesn't help either, please link me a couple of sims you've tried to download, so I can try them in my own game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (422 Views)