Re: Custom Content not working 2021

by ascendflysoar

Original Post

Custom Content not working 2021

★★ Novice

Hi, my CC isnt working in my game at all, i tried the 50/50 method, but it seemed my whole folder was not working. So i realised i had to start fresh. But now all new cc and mods i download wont work either! Please help!!!

Also I have tried repairing my game, and i have scriptmods and mods enabled. And i have not been sucessful.

Message 1 of 8 (3,028 Views)

@katiedaff  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Please list the full file path to the Mods folder where you're adding your mods and custom cnotent.  In Windows, you can see the file path in the address bar above the list of files and folders.  In macOS, right-click on the folder and select Get Info, then look under "Where."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (3,001 Views)

★★ Novice

This PC> Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4> Mods

hope this helps? 

Message 3 of 8 (2,985 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Also my computer runs on windows
Message 4 of 8 (2,984 Views)

@katiedaff  That's where the mods should be under normal circumstances.  Are you by any chance running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  The LE has its own user folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, and additionally, many new cc items wouldn't be compatible.

If that's not the issue, please load the game to the Main Menu, click Load Game, and hover over the folder icon below the other info for one of your saves.  The file path to the save should be the same, although you'll see your username in it, so something like this:

This PC > Users > [your username] > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves

If the file path is different, please let me know.  If it's the same, please try using a clean Sims 4 folder.  Move the entire folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, load the game to create a new one, enable mods and custom content, download a fresh copy of one cc item, and see whether it shows up.  If it does, you can add more cc, and when everything's working, copy the contents of the saves and Tray folders from the old Sims 4 folder the new one.

Message 5 of 8 (2,970 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi, thanks so much for your help so far, The file path is different, its C:/my username/OneDrive/Documents/ElectronicArts/The sims 4/ saves
Message 6 of 8 (2,950 Views)

@katiedaff  That's why your custom content isn't working: the game is reading the folder in OneDrive rather than the one on your hard drive.  If you want, you can add the cc to OneDrive's Sims 4 folder and be done with it.

However, this kind of arrangement can be unstable and sometimes leads to content disappearing.  So in your position, I'd consider disabling OneDrive entirely.  You could copy the Sims 4 folder inside to a different location first, so you don't lose your saves, then turn off OneDrive and launch the game once to force it to go back to using the local version of Documents.

If you'd prefer to keep using OneDrive, be sure to make frequent backups of your Sims 4 content, preferably on an external hard drive or USB stick.  If anything ever does happen to your content, you can simply restore the most recent backup.

By the way, how much free and total storage do you currently have on your hard drive(s)?  Open a File Explorer window and click This PC in the left panel to see an overview of hard drive space.

Message 7 of 8 (2,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much this fixed my game lol!

Message 8 of 8 (2,842 Views)