Re: Custom Content not showing up??

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom Content not showing up??

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

!! EDIT: This is solved! !!

I decided to download some custom content before getting the Sims 4 (I got it via a game code from Amazon) and the option to show custom content isn't showing up? I tried downloading another piece of custom content after getting the game, to see if it would show up, but it still isn't showing up. 

I got most of my custom content from The Sims Resource. I moved it all to separate folders and put it on my desktop. I tried moving it back into my downloads section, to see if it would show up, but that didn't work. I also tried to move it to a flash drive, delete it from my computer, then move it back onto my desktop and that didn't work either. 

I've tried everything that I can think of, but nothing will make it show up. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,600 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Loki1287

CC does not work on your desktop or in your downloads folder.it must be placed in the games Mods folder normally located here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

You can create subfolders there which I recommend as it will make it easier in the future to check which of your Mods and CC no longer works after a patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,578 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Loki1287

.. and the option to show custom content isn't showing up? I tried downloading another piece of custom content after getting the game, to see if it would show up, but it still isn't showing up. 

Do you mean you don't have show custom content in your game options ? If so that sounds like you don't have the newest version of the game.

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,583 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Loki1287

CC does not work on your desktop or in your downloads folder.it must be placed in the games Mods folder normally located here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

You can create subfolders there which I recommend as it will make it easier in the future to check which of your Mods and CC no longer works after a patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 8 (1,579 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! This worked for me, and I'm definitely taking your advice on creating subfolders! Thank you again!

Message 4 of 8 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my custom content was showing up perfectly but then it disappeared i tried everything but its gone 

Message 5 of 8 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but for me my was in mods and it still didn't work and it was working perfectly before

Message 6 of 8 (1,482 Views)

Hero
Here's a few tips you can try: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats what Im doing with mine, but it still is not loading.

Message 8 of 8 (829 Views)