Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by Evans_Lilly515

Original Post

Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

so I have lots of mods that I've collected over time. Recently, my game wouldn't open, so I fixed that quickly and Sims worked again. It has a different opening screen now, but I guess that's okay. I'm facing another issue now. My mods are all in my mod folder (I had backed up my mods and put them all back into the mod folder), there are no sub-folders, and my resource.cfg is there. However, when I get into the game, the game acts as if my mods aren't in the folder. I was getting kinda upset, so I went into 7zip to test all of my mods and found that 7zip also thinks that my mods aren't in my folder. I don't know what to do, but I need my mods to fully enjoy the game. Help!  

Message 71 of 219 (3,057 Views)

Hero

Is the option to enable cc ticked in your game options ? It gets unticked with patches to prevent corruption because of mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 219 (3,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

yes. First I did ticked enable cc, then came back and it didn't work, so I went ahead and I ticked enable script mods as well. It still doesn't work.

UPDATE: Okay, so I had moved the EA folder to the wrong place apparently, and I tried again. I put all my CC back into the mods folder and tried again but now the game wont open. In other words, it won't even play if I have CC

UPDATE: I screwed around some more and fixed it. thanks anyways!

Message 73 of 219 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found out what you need to do download them and add them to the sims 4 right away and then open the game and done Standard smile

Message 74 of 219 (2,993 Views)

★★ Novice

This link told me absolutely nothing. I've had this problem for 2 weeks, I'm worried its because I installed a zip file without access to "zipping software." My entire save was reset and now I'm kinda panicking. I'm worried about losing all the expansion packs i have now because of this. I tried installing MORE custom content and it never showed up. I'm confused.

Message 75 of 219 (2,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem. My CC is enabled yet it still will not show up. I do not understand the importance of sub-folders.

Message 76 of 219 (2,970 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Whenever I try to download hair and add it to the game, it comes up like this...
Message 77 of 219 (2,966 Views)

★★ Novice

When you downloaded the CC, in the description online did it say "Mesh Needed?"

Yes?

You need to download a separate mesh and put that in Mods folder too I think.

Message 78 of 219 (2,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you so much you made my cc work lord bless your soul man Heart

EDIT (Crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Also be aware that all-caps is considered screaming on the Internet and against the TOS

Message 79 of 219 (2,912 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, so this is my first time using Custom Content in the Sims 4. I looked up tutorials on how to download the custom content, followed them all correctly but the content is NOT showing in game at all. I have the CC/Mod boxes checked and the pop up to alert me on as well. I share a computer with my brothers and they have access to the game as well. I downloaded the same CCs in their mod files and it worked perfectly for them. I have no clue what to do now or why it's not particularly working for me Frown

the image is what my mod file currently looks like

Message 80 of 219 (2,899 Views)