Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by Evans_Lilly515

Original Post

Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly my problem!! I had cc on my mac which is currently in repair. So I decided to try downloading Sims on my old laptop which is a PC. It barely worked, but I managed to download it and also some cc. I made a mods folder (I can't remember if I made it myself on my mac or if EA made it automatically, but there was no mods folder made with the installation of the game this time, so I made on myself) and put all the cc in subfolders there. But when I start the game I have no cc. I've checked to make sure that it's enabled and it is. The problem could be the fact that my computer didn't save sims in an EA folder, but in an Origin Games folder. I have tried to swich and move and everything, but nothing is working. 

Message 191 of 219 (1,677 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rebus9977 

You can not just create a mods folder and use that. You need to use the one the game makes.

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 192 of 219 (1,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!! I thought it was weird that the game didn't make the folder by itself and this explains so much!! Thank you!!

Message 193 of 219 (1,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem until now, I found that the mods that are .package files work. Also, when you create a sim, go to the filters where you can filter if you want masculine/feminine items etc. Find the option that says custom content and click to enable!

Message 194 of 219 (1,645 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This worked for me, thank you!!
Message 195 of 219 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been doing this aswell, but eventually i went into the game, into setting and into the mod options and enabled them. 

Hope this helps 

Message 196 of 219 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried to send you a message but it says Access Denied. If you need to give me permission (the error screen said I might need permission), then could you please? Or just reply on here.

I was going to ask you if I could take you up on your offer to try and download the mods I'm having trouble with, onto your game. So that maybe you can find out why it isn't showing up on mine. I've tried everything else that you mentioned, and it all seems to be the way it should be. So I'm at a loss to why it's not working.

Some of my mods show up, and some don't (more often, it's the makeup mods. Lipstick shows up for adult - except the child lip gloss mods wont show - but any mascara and eyeshadow won't show up). One of the hair mods shows up as bald, and another shows up as bald with red eyes, black and red checkers on body, and question marks on body (wth??!). I'm wondering if you can help me find out if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just the mods.

Also, if I might have download the mod without the mesh, how do I go about finding the mesh for that mod, after already leaving the simscatalog. Would I try to find the specific mod in my files (and what's the easiest way to do that btw, I have like 150 mods all in Sims 4 folder, not sorted), or is there a quicker way?

Thank you so much! if you can get back to me asap, I'd really appreciate it! It's just getting very frustrating.

Message 197 of 219 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is enabled, but still no cc. Please explain!:embarrassed :/

Message 198 of 219 (1,402 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I also have a problem with my cc, nothing with .package is showing up when starting the game but the scripted mods do and I did literally everything I read online to solve it:
what I already did:

• check the enable cc button at the main menu,
  • saved the mods folder to desktop, deleted it at the orginal source, and put it back in,
  • deleted localthumbcache,
  • used Mod Conflict Detector and deleted mods accordingly,
  • deleted script mods
  • checked at the main menu if its the right document path,
  • deleted everything I downloaded and installed today since the CC from before worked perfectly fine
  • repaired sims 4 in origin

Also yesterday it did work and I don´t know whats going on Disappointed

Maybe someone has another idea and can help me? Wondering

Message 199 of 219 (1,384 Views)

Hero

Hi @Westsideflavor51 

could you post a picture of your mods folder as well as the list of mods that shows up if the game recognizes them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 200 of 219 (1,359 Views)