Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by martinanderselin

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hello, it's the same for me. I've tried everything, here's my folder (only a couple mods are working, most aren't though): http://prntscr.com/bvi7sq

Message 41 of 219 (47,959 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok if your cc used to work and now doesn't its probably because the item doesn't support the newest version of sims 4 update.. and every time the sims update you have to recheck the boxes, like enabled custom content and script mods, plus if you update your game without removing the cc that can probably miss up the cc.. so i would suggest deleting the cc that doesn't show up and reloading it in the game, and if that doesn't work then it probably wont again because the creator needs to make the cc work with sims 4 updates...

BUT HERE WAS MY PROBLEM THAT I FIXED... YAY!

ok so gamergirl you are not having this issue but this is for anyone else that still has a problem with Sims 4 cc..

I couldn't believe that this was such a small mistake on my part that it took me 3 hours to figured out..

Make sure your game is updated to the latest update...Check your boxes on the menu (cc, and sm) Here was my mistake: I was clicking on the sims 4 icon on the desktop and was going to open file location... BUT that will not work.. you need to go to my computer look for the documents section Electronic Arts for me sense I have my game on origin.. and then sims 4.. mod and then put your cc there! It was a simply fix. Hope this helps..

** If you have the torrent sims 4 and you dont have sub-folders because it was Free game for you, then personally I feel like you done deserve free cc because you should have payed for the game so you cant complain that you dont have the stuff that PAID users have, so I wont be helping anyone out that had a free game.. 

Message 42 of 219 (47,930 Views)

Hero

Downloading the game for free is illegal.

Buy the game and it will work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 219 (47,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the only way i know to do this since every now and then my script mods corrupt my game. So when I downloaded it and re-installed it again, It wasnt loading so I moved it to the desktop. So I went back into the game and it was working perfectly. I went to check my custom content but it didnt seem to show up. I went a retried compressing it, taking the files out and then moving them back in again. I tried again after that.

If this the same problem you're having then your only solution is, sadly, to delete all your CC and Mods and re-download them again. I'm sorry but thats the only way I could figure out to work. If you know a different solution to this problem please reply

Thanks Heart

Message 44 of 219 (47,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are you put .package files in the /Mods folder NOT in the subfolder inside? and check .package files to make sure that is use for the sims 4. Standard smile

Message 45 of 219 (47,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi it has a check on enabled and scripted but still doesnt work and i only downloaded one cc and it says .package at the end , it worked b4 and then after i downloaded another one it didnt shown any at all i tried to re-download it but nothing worked please please help

Message 46 of 219 (47,856 Views)

Hero

Are you sure you have them in the correct folder ?

Could you post a screenshot of the content of your mods folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 219 (47,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I found a solution and I was having the same problem. In my Desktop I had Sims 4 mods, but it wasn't actually installing into the game itself. Here's what I did:

1. Search up "Electronic Arts" in your computer. Find the folder, and go to your mods.
  2. You'll notice that some of the mods you tried to install aren't in there. Download whatever you want and put it in there, make sure Sims 4 isn't open while you do this.
  3. Find the "resource.cfg" and delete that, don't worry, it will not mess anything up. Close your folder and then start the game up again.
  4. Your mods should be installed! 

Hope this helped!

Message 48 of 219 (47,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i add CC into the mods folder and start the game it shows the CC i have, but when i go into create a sim its not there. There is no enable CC in my menu please help Frown

Message 49 of 219 (47,779 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay, I'm getting really frustrated. I have always used CC and it has worked perfectly fine. I download things into my mods folder, i don't have any subfolders... when I open my game the particular item is showing up in my list of CC. My game is updated, and the piece of CC I downloaded is from an updated link. My CC is enabled as well... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Message 50 of 219 (47,743 Views)