Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by FluttersLove0W0

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ive had similar problems. I have alot of cc that im needing for my game and for some reason only some of my cc is loaded in the game and everytime i add something new, it never shows up all it shows is the same cc thats already there. Its so agrivating to find the perfect cc and it to not load up!

Message 31 of 219 (13,883 Views)

Hero

If it's only some it's really hard to help you.

Best is to talk of the creator of the cc.

Also make sure you have the mesh if it's a recolor.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 219 (13,880 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@FluttersLove0W0 wrote:

Ive had similar problems. I have alot of cc that im needing for my game and for some reason only some of my cc is loaded in the game and everytime i add something new, it never shows up all it shows is the same cc thats already there. Its so agrivating to find the perfect cc and it to not load up!

Which CC are you using? 

My CC is all working fine now, but when I first started using CC it took me some getting used to (as far as set up goes) and now it's all fine. These may be obvious but here's some things I had to fix that might help:

-Like previously said, make sure no sub-folders. If you delete your resource.cfg file then start up the game it will auto-generate a new one. The new one will allow subfolders but the old one does not, so either create a new one or don't use the folders. 

-Make sure both mod/cc options are enabled in options. There is both a 'script mods' and a 'cc mods', which cc is new. These turn off every update and need to be re-enabled.

-Double check you have the correct mesh. If you don't have a mesh it either 1) won't show up or 2) will show up but when you click on it nothing will show.

-If it's clothing related check the tags. I know it sounds stupid, but many of the outfits or accessories are set to certain categories, like a beanie might not show up under formal unless you uncheck the 'formal' filter at the top that trims down what shows.

-Also check to make sure the CC is up to date/compatible with what you are using

Honestly I think pretty much every CC I couldn't get to show was due to a mesh related or folder issue. I hope this helps! 

If you can provide a little more information on what CC you are trying to get to show up I would be happy to see if it will work in my game/troubleshoot what it takes to make it show up or if there's an issue with the file itself.

Message 33 of 219 (13,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How to update my game?

Message 34 of 219 (13,795 Views)

Hero

Right click on the game in Origin and choose check for udpates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 219 (13,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do i find my subfolder???/

Message 36 of 219 (13,693 Views)

Hero

What subfolder ?

Could you be a bit more specific what your issue is ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 219 (13,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here! I have no subfolders in my Mods Folder and I have like 19 pieces of cc, only two of the 19 showed up! Please HELP! Frown

Message 38 of 219 (13,655 Views)

Hero

Are you sure those are not just recolors ? Maybe Sims 2 or Sims 3 files ?

It's really hard to tell. The best is to talk to the creators of those things that don't show up and see what others report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 219 (13,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont see the new option but i downloaded my game for free im having the same problem i took the subfolders out still not working

Message 40 of 219 (12,976 Views)