Re: Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Custom Content not showing up in The Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

I've downloaded the clothes, put them into the Mods folder, resource.cfg file is there, but the custom content  isn't showing up in game, which is weird. Any help?

Message 1 of 219 (201,689 Views)

Hero

Did you put it in subfolders ? Do you have now package files in your mods folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 219 (201,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes they are in subfolders - I've only downloaded two custom content, which are both dresses. In my mods folder, I have only subfolders - Tops, dresses, bottoms, accessories, make up and hair. Only resource file is out of subfolders.

Message 3 of 219 (201,343 Views)

Hero

The default resource.cfg does not support subfolders.

Either not put them in subfolders or edit your resource.cfg that it does support them

This article has an example: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mods-and-downloads/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 219 (201,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have been trying for about two hours. I've went to several forums and I have tried everything. The CC is not downloading into the game.

All I did was go to the sims4.com official website and went to their gallery and started to select items to download. IT said it would appear in "my downloads".
It shows up in my library, but when you hover the "download" button, it is grey and it says it cannot download to game.

Any help?>>

Message 5 of 219 (201,019 Views)

Hero

Are you talking about Sims and Households ? Those need to be downloaded through the ingame gallery. You can't download them through the website.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 219 (201,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi

its the same for me..ive been trying ever since i bought the game. No CC shows up unless its from the sims community.

i have tried everything.

i am a seasoned Sims player - since 1999 always used cc.

Its spoiling the game for me.

Did you managed to get cc into your game???

thanks

Message 7 of 219 (192,729 Views)

Hero

Could you post a picture of your mods folder ?

Upload to some picture sharing site and post the link here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 219 (192,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same for me. They are all in my mods folder, but they arent in my game???

Message 9 of 219 (186,069 Views)

Hero

Check under Options --> Game Options if they are enabled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 219 (186,009 Views)