Custom Content missing and not showing up Sims 3

by MadiiLuvhsYuh

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Custom Content missing and not showing up Sims 3

★ Apprentice

I recently downloaded some new Custom Content off of The Sims Resource and now It won't show up in my game. And I was playing yesterday and my twin babies aged up into toddlers so when I went into CAS to change their clothing and stuff Some of my toddler clothes were missing. I can't find a way to fix this issue. I've tried deleting my DCBackup and that didn't do anything. I also deleted the 5 cache files in my game folder. I just can't seem to figure out why my content isn't showing up and why some of my content is missing?? Would I have to re download everything again?! I just really need some help please!

Message 1 of 2 (1,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Content missing and not showing up Sims 3

@MadiiLuvhsYuh  It sounds like your newest .dbc file (in DCCache) may have been corrupted, and the content installed into it isn't showing up.  These files are numbered in order of creation, so dcdb0.dbc (that's a zero) is the oldest, and the newest has the highest number.  (The .ebc files are store content, which you can leave alone for now.)  Remove that one, delete the five usual cache files in your game folder again, and see whether your content shows up again.  The cc that was in that file will be gone, but hopefully everything else is there, and you'll only have to reinstall the newest items.

By the way, if you can, recover the copy of ccmerged.package that you deleted from DCBackup.  This file is required to make your premium store content work.  If it's gone for good, you can rebuild it, but hopefully you'll be able to skip that step.

If removing your newest .dbc file doesn't bring back your other content, there's a more thorough way to test all the files.  Let me know if you need it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,240 Views)

All Replies

Re: Custom Content missing and not showing up Sims 3

@MadiiLuvhsYuh  It sounds like your newest .dbc file (in DCCache) may have been corrupted, and the content installed into it isn't showing up.  These files are numbered in order of creation, so dcdb0.dbc (that's a zero) is the oldest, and the newest has the highest number.  (The .ebc files are store content, which you can leave alone for now.)  Remove that one, delete the five usual cache files in your game folder again, and see whether your content shows up again.  The cc that was in that file will be gone, but hopefully everything else is there, and you'll only have to reinstall the newest items.

By the way, if you can, recover the copy of ccmerged.package that you deleted from DCBackup.  This file is required to make your premium store content work.  If it's gone for good, you can rebuild it, but hopefully you'll be able to skip that step.

If removing your newest .dbc file doesn't bring back your other content, there's a more thorough way to test all the files.  Let me know if you need it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,241 Views)