Re: Custom Content Not Showing in Sims 4

by ekmkitty

Original Post

Custom Content Not Showing in Sims 4

★★ Novice

I recently downloaded a single item of custom content, and have repeatedly opened and closed the game, but it never appears. After I put the custom content in my mods folder, the game restarted, deleting all of my sims, households, custom content and progress, yet the hours I have played the game still remain. I have restarted my computer (A MacBook Air), made sure that my game allowed mods, checked for extra subfolders, and done just about everything that the internet recommends. Custom content has worked for me before, so I have no idea what's going on. Some insight into this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (521 Views)

Hero

Could you post pictures of your game options and your mods folder content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (502 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

My insert image option is not applicable to screenshots, but if it would be helpful I could describe them to you.

Message 3 of 12 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does it not list them when you first start the game up?

Message 4 of 12 (486 Views)

Hero

Did you do a gif ? Try jpg or png.

@ekmkitty wrote:

My insert image option is not applicable to screenshots, but if it would be helpful I could describe them to you.

I'd really rather have a screenshot cause it's easier to spot things that are off.

You could also upload to some picture sharing site and just link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (472 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gyazo is pretty good for screenshots.

Message 6 of 12 (465 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright, I'll try to upload them. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 12 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't list them when I start the game, but after I reach the opening screen I can select 'game options'.

Message 8 of 12 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Oh, I think I know what your problem is then. You're most likely got a Mods folder open somewhere on your Desktop. Instead of using that, search up "Electronic Arts" on your computer, and go to the Mods section in "The Sims 4". Most likely, none of the mods you downloaded will be there. Just grab the Mods you wanted and place them in there, and delete the "Resource.cfg" if you want to. I'm not sure what that does exactly, something about reloading mods.

But I hope this helped!

Message 9 of 12 (437 Views)

Hero

@ekmkitty wrote:

Alright, I'll try to upload them. Thanks for your help.

Any luck with the pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (425 Views)