Custom Build for TS4 - What are the best specs for maximum performance?

by jenjane

Original Post

Re: Custom Build for TS4 - What are the best specs for maximum performance?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict You're not making things overly complicated at all, I really appreciate the explanations. I am so so so grateful for all of the time and help you've given me. I'm sorry that my questions are never ending. I do at least feel like things are evolving and I'm getting closer to the end goal.

Would you mind recommending a motherboard and RAM? If you think anything else should be changed I am always open to suggestions, but again I feel like I keep creating more work so I do apologize for that! Now that I have gotten further into this I've realized that $5000 was probably an unnecessarily high budget lol! So I have been aiming for around $3000, but it's still flexible if need be.

I'm slowly feeling better about the basics of being able to put this together, but when it comes to really understanding the knitty gritty of the function of pieces and the "why" I still feel nervous. Obviously this is a learning process, and I promise I am trying to do my research too, but I feel so much better actually speaking to someone and receiving explanations, because I'm not entirely confident in my decisions. I really hope it doesn't seem like I'm being lazy! There's no way I would be able to do this without your help.

Message 21 of 23 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Please ignore my questions about the BIOS above lol! I've been doing more research tonight and watched more videos. Based on what you said and what I'm reading, it sounds safest to go with a board where I can flash the update. 

Since some of my questions above are obsolete now, I wanted to simplify my ask (but no rush or pressure to reply) - if you were going to recommend a motherboard (that allows for the BIOS flash update) and RAM that are "better," what would you recommend? I've attached a picture of the current list. I'm open to any other pieces you'd recommend I change - again I really appreciate your advice.

I'm sorry if some of my questions are silly at times. I hope I am not overcomplicating things. I know I still have a lot of research to do, and I will keep doing that. Thank you so much again for your help. 

Message 22 of 23 (374 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Hey! I finished my computer a couple of months ago. I really buckled down with research and am so happy with the final result: 

I sincerely appreciate all of your help and patience with my questions! I would not have known where to start. 
Message 23 of 23 (301 Views)