Cursor

by cstephens2020

Original Post

Cursor

★★ Novice

When the game is launched on my computer, my normal cursor won’t change to the sims mouse. So when i tap anything on the sims homepage, the game shuts down. When i first bought the game and installed it, the mouse always changed. After the game update, it has not been changing. I need help!!! I have a toddler i need to check on

Message 1 of 8 (386 Views)

Re: Cursor

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (381 Views)

★ Guide

Hellu @cstephens2020 , 

Besides the DxDiag, could you also try Running Origin and Sims 4 with Admin rights? Some games, once in a while, after an update they'll request permissions to run and use the computer. The update might've reset these permissions. 

Steps in the spoiler: 

Spoiler
  • Right click on the shortcut for Origin
  • Select Properties
  • Check the box labelled "Run as Administrator" under the Compatibility tab

And now let's do the same for Sims 4 :D.

We'll be waiting for your answer :D 

Wishing you a great day ^_^! Cat

Message 3 of 8 (376 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@cstephens2020

Disable Origin in game
Open Origin, go to Game Library, find Sims 4 and right click on it.
Then click 'Game Properties'
and then "Disable Origin In Game for The Sims™ 4

I don't work for EA
Message 4 of 8 (372 Views)

★★ Novice

here

Message 5 of 8 (323 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cstephens2020 

Did you follow @kreatora  advice?

Your Graphics driver have not been upgraded for years. Doing so may help. Visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 8 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

yes I’ve tried that 3 times already since she posted it. I even called EA support for help. I followed their instructions and i was able to play successfully afterwards. When i shut my computer off then wanted to play the next day, it went back to the same problem. I tried repairing the game again last night, and i was able to play. My cursor changed immediately. But today it won’t, i tried disabling the in game again, and nothing. 

Message 7 of 8 (314 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did you upgrade your Graphics driver? Also if you have mousetrails turned on please turn them off.

Message 8 of 8 (296 Views)