Cursor stops working mid game

by Nourgelitnius

Original Post

Cursor stops working mid game

★★★ Newbie

I just recently purchased the Strangerville game pack, and I haven't had this happen to me before installing it.

I will be able to go 2, maybe 3 days in-game playing a character (so far I've only tried Strangerville, but I suspect it's going on everywhere else) and then, upon traveling back to their home a location, the cursor will disappear. I can still click but only on the ground to try to get my sim to go somewhere. And seeing as I cannot see the cursor, I can't select an option. 

I have no way of saving the game and, after reading some posts on here, checked to make sure my mouse trails were off. I can't even select an option when I bring up the menu with Esc. I can't exit from within the game and I end up losing any progress and as well as the sim I made.

I tried ctrl+alt+tab and when the window tabs come up and I click out of sims, the mouse works just fine. 

Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)

Re: Cursor stops working mid game

Hero (Retired)
@Nourgelitnius

Try to fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (482 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, latest up to date game!
When I load the game it works fine, then i go in first person mode, I can still see the circle for the mouse, then if I go in build mode and back to live mode, in first person the mouse circle cursor is no longer there and I have to restart the game...

Message 3 of 5 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Nourgelitnius 

@Neurogrim29 

This bug was reported already.
Go to the first post in this link and click ME TOO

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-FPV-Camera-cursor-disappearing/m-p/7554023#M85466

Message 4 of 5 (454 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5 (444 Views)