Cursor Freezes Once Game Opens

by queenvictoriaxo

Original Post

Re: Cursor Freezes Once Game Opens

★★★★★ Novice

Nope, I mean right clicking my game in origin and changing in settings which one opens when I select the game. 

After re-installing the games, nothing is in the folders at all. I haven’t been able to get into Sims 4 without it freezing so it’s fresh, brand new. There is no game data at all in Sims 4 or Sims 4 Legacy. 

Thanks for double checking though!! 

Message 21 of 33 (633 Views)

Champion

@queenvictoriaxo Please check which folder your game is using. This link has directions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 33 (625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My game is using Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 for the Sims 4, and there is also Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy for the Legacy version. 

Message 23 of 33 (616 Views)

Champion

@queenvictoriaxo Can you please try with an external mouse instead of the track pad?

Message 24 of 33 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m almost positive it’s because of the newest patch and possibly adding University. I’m not going to buy a mouse just to see if it fixes the game, it sucks but I can live without it lol! I do very much appreciate all of the time and effort you’ve put into helping me though!!! 

Message 25 of 33 (603 Views)

Champion

@queenvictoriaxo Oh, no, we weren't thinking of you buying one - just if you had a mouse or could borrow one. We had another idea to try. Could you please try the following:

1. Going to your Electronic Arts folder (Documents > Electronic Arts) and drag both of the versions of Sims 4 onto your desktop. Don't delete those folders from the desktop, just keep them there for now and for reference.
  2. Next please Open Origin. In Origin, please select "My Game Library". Right click on the "The Sims 4" thumbnail in your game library, then choose "Game Properties".
    It should open in the 'General' tab. Make sure that "Enable Origin In Game for The Sims™ 4" is unchecked.
    Now select the tab: 'Advanced Launch Options'. Below "When Launching this game..." choose The Sims 4 64 Bit
    Now click the orange 'Save' button.
  3. Then please try re-starting the game and see if the issue is there.

Message 26 of 33 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the long reply but no luck. I got into the game, the mouse was moving EXTREMELY slow for a minute and then froze completely. 

Message 27 of 33 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@queenvictoriaxo We were looking over your comments and if this issue began after the most recent pack, another helper was mentioning that you may want to try disabling the most recent pack (Discover University) to see if it happens to be causing the issue. (This would only be relevant if you're running the full version, not the Legacy version, since Legacy cannot run Discover University anyway):

To disable Discover University in your game:

I am assuming you don't have this, but there's not a chance you have a game save from before this issue began. But... if you do have one we could try to retrieve and load it.  https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

I also wanted to check on something - did you also disable Origin's Web Helper service per directions in comment #16?

Edit: I was just consulting with another helper who looked over your DxDiag and noticed that you had two failed Windows updates. This could very well cause a cursor issue. In fact, he says that he in his own game the cursor was freezing and the screen would become inactive. So... he highly recommended that you look to getting the Windows update to complete successfully. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

Message 28 of 33 (534 Views)

★ Novice

hi 

Message 29 of 33 (462 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nasha3la 

Your Computer does not live up to the minimum requirements for the game. There is a chance that you might be able to run the Legacy Edition so if you are not already doing that I recommend that you try installing that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 30 of 33 (430 Views)