Current, 2019, status of CAW

by patscatfreckles

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Current, 2019, status of CAW

★★★★ Novice

Is CAW still available?   What is the status of it in 2019?  I loved using CAW more than any software games made for PC and used it for several years, but it doesn't seem to work any more.  After I've created a world, it won't upload or only uploads partially (where as I used to upload my worlds fully).  Please let me know if it's still available for PC, and if anyone is using it.  Will it be part of Sims 5?  (I hate Sims 4 !).  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you, Pat

Message 1 of 2 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Current, 2019, status of CAW

@patscatfreckles  CAW still works on any fully patched Windows install, whether it's 1.67 (disc or Steam) or 1.69/Origin.  However, the 1.69 version's Edit In Game function is either somewhat or completely broken, depending on who you ask.  And the 1.67 version only works on Steam if you're willing to edit your computer's registry.

Still, there are some active world creators still using CAW and uploading new projects.  They tend to hang out on the official Sims forums, among other places, and they're generally happy to share tips or answer questions.  You can find some of them here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts3-world-builders

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (425 Views)

All Replies

Re: Current, 2019, status of CAW

@patscatfreckles  CAW still works on any fully patched Windows install, whether it's 1.67 (disc or Steam) or 1.69/Origin.  However, the 1.69 version's Edit In Game function is either somewhat or completely broken, depending on who you ask.  And the 1.67 version only works on Steam if you're willing to edit your computer's registry.

Still, there are some active world creators still using CAW and uploading new projects.  They tend to hang out on the official Sims forums, among other places, and they're generally happy to share tips or answer questions.  You can find some of them here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts3-world-builders

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (426 Views)