Re: Crime Scene House Still Marked As Crime Scene

by nikakaru

Original Post

Crime Scene House Still Marked As Crime Scene

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assets.ml-sp07.158
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toodler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know?
What happens when the bug occurs? A house was once a crime scene, now that I moved a Sim in, it still had the crime scene evidence ( graffiti, a banana, a hair pile, an apple ) which I was able to delete, but witnesses keep coming in and I can’t lock the doors I only get the option to set as front door.
What do you expect to see? Crime scene houses should be cleaned and act as normal lots again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A house was once a crime scene, now that I moved a Sim in, it still had the crime scene evidence ( graffiti, a banana, a hair pile, an apple ) which I was able to delete, but witnesses keep coming in and I can’t lock the doors I only get the option to set as front door. I’ve installed a fair amount of mods and CC, but it takes me a while to find each mod and CC so I don’t want to delete. Plus the sims will look weird and maybe bald or naked if I remove my mods 😂 Anyone that has had the same issue or knows a way to fix this? 

Message 1 of 4 (893 Views)

Hero

Hi @nikakaru 

Could you please test on a save with no cc installed. For testing, it doesn't really matter how they look Wink

Just make a backup of your saves, disable all mods and then try again.

If that doesn't get it back to normal, please test a new save if you have the same issue.

Issues reported in the bug forum need to be duplicated on vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (883 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey! I did what you said, but I got an error message! Something saying "intitilization errors at start up". I've gotten this before and had to uninstall the whole game. But now when I put the folder back in, the game launched, I got a white screen, it wouldn't respond and then it just closed on its own. What the heck is going on?

Message 3 of 4 (857 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Thread for the initialization issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-won-t-start/m-p/7470601

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (699 Views)