Create a world edit in game mode doesnt work.

by ambermcd93

Original Post

Create a world edit in game mode doesnt work.

★★★ Newbie

When i try to use the edit in game mode feature of create a world for sims three i get "unable to start game.   Origin is required to play this game. Please install origin and relaunch the game. If origin is installed and the game is not running please contact origin support." Now the obvious awnser to the obvious question would be yes, i do have origin installed on my computer and it is in working order. Any help with this problem would be great!

Message 1 of 16 (829 Views)

Re: Create a world edit in game mode doesnt work.

Hero

Unfortunately, EIG does not work with the base game bought after September 2012.

I'm unsure if there is a workaround to this by now.

My suggestion is to post at the CAW forum at the official site.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (818 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Crin are you sure about that? because when I switched from disc to digital sims 3 this year, the CAW tool still works in game for me. It could be a firewall blocking it.

Message 3 of 16 (815 Views)

Hero

It doesn't matter if you have the digital or disc version. It matters WHEN you bought the base game.

If you have the version that requires an Origin account, EIG does not work (just like bypassing the launcher does not work anymore) - at least that's what everyone is saying, I've never tried myself.

As said, I don't know if a workaround has been found.

If you're unsure which version you have, check your cover: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/sims-3-base-game-versions.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (813 Views)

★ Guide

WOOOOOOOW!!!! I bought my games in 2013 and because I finally have upgraded to a current updated computer with a current OS I decided to finally download the Create A World tool. I wanted to create a world inspired by the Burning Man festival that is held every year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada. I spent days building the mountains. I made dirt roads that lead to a desert area where the festival and campsite were to be. I made lots for residential and communities, making sure they were the sizes I needed for the buildings that I hope to put on them. I filled the mountain with trees and spawners and made hiking trails for my sims to jog on. And I did all of the terrain painting I wanted for my desert city. But when I was finally ready to do "Edit in World" it wouldn't work. It did exactly what everyone has been complaining about in this forum. It starts just like it would if I were to start playing the game but then nothing happens. I'm still in CAW. As I am looking in several threads and forums for answers so I can solve my problem I now am reading this thread and you guys are saying that there IS NO fix for the problem. Shocked

Why does the Sims still offer the tool in their website if it doesn't work with they way EA does things now? I downloaded it just a little over a week ago. I'm so confused and disappointed.  Confused

Message 5 of 16 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nycbigl  Hi again.  I was just about to suggest that you ask about CAW EIG in the Sims forums (I have exactly zero experience with the tool), but I see you're already all over that.  From what I've read, you're right that EIG won't work with your version of the game.  You might be able to get around it, though, by starting a new game the blank world and editing it in Edit Town, just as you would an existing world.  I'm not sure whether that would work, but it might be worth trying.

I also saw you mentioned something about your computer crashing.  This could be due to its hardware, or just because TS3 likes to be difficult.  If you want, you can run a dxdiag on your computer and attach the results to a post here using the "browse" button.  (It might be better to start a new thread, though, so that anyone else coming in for a consult doesn't get sidetracked by the CAW issue.)  Both higher- and lower-end systems need a bit of help with TS3, although of course the steps needed to run the game properly are different.  (Or you might already have it covered.)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Anyway, I hope things are going well for you, and I'm glad to hear that you're still enjoying TS3, now on a (hopefully) more cooperative system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 16 (752 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you so much for your reply. You are very kind and generous.

My computer is brand new. I only just got it just a little bit over a month ago. It's a Windows 10 Dell computer with 8GB of Ram and 119GB still free of the 232 GB of hard drive room.

Last night I tried doing Edit in World again and it crashed my entire computer completely. It just turned off on it's own and shut my computer off. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled again making sure I had the right version. When I tried to go into edit in world again it crashed my computer yet again.

I have made up my mind and I am choosing to forgo making my own world. I have never had such an up to date current computer in my life. I have always used older versions due to lack of money. I got this new computer out of shear luck. No joke. I don't want to take any chances in damaging it.

As for using a world that was premade, it's not what I wanted. I wanted to recreate a world based on the Burning Man festival that is held once a year in the Black Rock desert in Nevada, USA. 70,000 people live in the desert area in a temporary grid shaped like a clock face with the streets going from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock and the avenues labeled  from A to M. The "Man" (a giant wooden statue that the festival is named after and then later burned live and in person at the end of the event) is located in the center where the clock hands would be. And at twelve o'clock is a temple where people who wish to morn departed loved ones can leave messages to them before it is also burned on the last day of the event. The Burning Man grid is so massive that it can be seen from space when the festival is in full swing and then it disappears when the event is over as if it were never there.  

I spent days building the Black Rock mountains and I made dirt roads that lead to the desert area where the festival and campsite were to be. I laid dirt roads out in a clock formation in a grid that was from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock but due to lack of room I only did the avenues from A to C, which was fine by me. I made lots for residential and communities, making sure they were the sizes I needed for the buildings that I hope to put on them. I filled the mountain with trees and spawners and made hiking trails for my sims to jog on. And I did all of the terrain painting I wanted for my desert city. I made sure to save my work every so often because I know how the Sims game can be if you don't do so. I put days of work into what I had already created thus far and it' was all for nothing. How saddening. If there's no way of solving the issue than I guess I am going to forget about creating something I was so looking forward to playing with. Something the Sims might not have ever thought of before like creating an art and music festival where you would have to camp like Burning Man here in the U.S. or the Glastonbury Festival in England. Broken heart

Again, thank you so very much for your help and your suggestions. You're very kind and generous and for that I am very grateful. Heart

P.S. The image below is from Google and it's of the Burning Man art festival in the Black Rock Desert. One the grid is made it is refereed to as Black Rock City.

Burning Man's Black Rock City  55cba9e77777775d9700007f.jpeg

Message 7 of 16 (735 Views)

@nycbigl  Your RAM and hard drive are fine (as you know), but I was more concerned about your graphics card, and your processor to a lesser extent.  TS3 can be hard on lower-end graphics cards, especially at high settings.  On the other hand, strong graphics cards need their in-game frame rates capped, or else they can work too hard and even burn themselves out.  TS3 doesn't have any (useable) fps limiter of its own, so players need to use an outside tool.

Since you mentioned the computer is a Dell, the other question is whether it might be overheating and shutting down to protect itself.  I'm guessing it's a laptop?  Hopefully you keep it elevated or use a cooling pad while you play.  Dell computers aren't known for having good cooling.  (And an overworked graphics card can generate a lot of excess heat.)

Regardless, there's no reason you need to share a dxdiag or the rest of your specs if you're taking care of your system.  I just want you to know that you're welcome to ask, if you like.

The world you described sounds fascinating.  There are a number of world builders out there, but much of their work is tropical with lots of water; yours would be a pleasant change of pace.  It's too bad you're not comfortable running CAW in it anymore, but I totally understand the urge to protect your computer.  Even without CAW and EIG, you might have fun redesigning existing worlds in Edit Town, erasing the existing lots and rebuilding to suit your taste.  It's not the same, but it can still be fun.

Whatever you decide to do, if you ever have questions, you know where to find me.

Message 8 of 16 (729 Views)

★ Guide

So sorry I hadn't responded. I was at a Medieval Festival all day long today and I don't have a smart phone. I use an old fashion flip phone. LOL! What can I tell you, I'm an old fart that refuses to replace things that are not broken or causing problems. LOL! Embarrassed

Anyway, my brand new Dell is a desktop PC, not a laptop. As for graphic, it took me a while to find out but I think I found the info on my computer;

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1695 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 64 MB

System Video Memory: 0 MB

Shared System Memory: 16131 MB

I don't know if that info helps. I might have given the wrong info. If I did, I'm sorry about that.

I am very grateful for all of your help. Your very kind. Heart

Message 9 of 16 (706 Views)

@nycbigl  I've been very proud of myself for keeping my iphone 5 and refusing to update its four-year-old iOS... until recently, when someone who will remain (screen)nameless mentioned having an iphone 3.  But it sounds like you have us both beat.  (And who wants to be glued to their smartphone screen at a Medieval festival, anyway?  It seems like it would defeat the entire purpose of going.)

As for your graphics card, you haven't listed the model, which does make some impact.  It would have its own section in your dxdiag, right underneath the overview listing your processor and RAM.  I'd still be curious about your setup, including your hard drive—256 GB isn't a whole lot, especially in a desktop.  Of course, whether you want to run a dxdiag and post it is entirely up to you.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

From the graphics card info you did post, though, it's clearly integrated, not dedicated, and will have a lot of trouble running Pets, Seasons, ITF, and IP (the most demanding packs in order).  You'll need to be careful not to overwork it and to keep your computer well ventilated.  And it's entirely possible that CAW was putting too much strain on your hardware, although it's difficult to tell for sure.

Unfortunately, even the systems experts can only give an estimate of how well TS3 will run on a particular system, as each computer responds a bit differently.  If you'd like some more specific advice for protecting your hardware, I can ask someone who knows more than I do to weigh in.

Message 10 of 16 (695 Views)