Re: Create a World 'Edit in Game' doesn't work with the Go Social version of the sims 3 base game

by BadKen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Create a World 'Edit in Game' doesn't work with the Go Social version of the sims 3 base game

★★★ Novice

I re-purchased the Sims 3 base game about a month/two month ago, and like to create worlds which my computer can run. Though, since purchasing the new version which is now 'Go Social' and opens through Origin then the Launcher, the Edit in Game tool for CAW no longer works? I've searched on the internet for a solution and the only solution I've been able to find is to re-purchase the game again, but as I am nearing the £200 spent on the series, I'm not willing to do that... I've spoke on live chat to someone about this issue and they, unable to tell me anything about the issue redirected me here.

Is there anyway other than rebuying again, to get Edit in Game to work? It doesn't work because it has to launch through Origin then the Launcher and by this time, CAW has reloaded itself and cancelled the Edit in Game. I've tried looking through the files in the 'Program Files' -> 'Electronic Arts' help folder and nothing. My launcher is patched upto 1.57 and I'm not patching again until I've purchased Into The Future.

Message 1 of 6 (2,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Create a World 'Edit in Game' doesn't work with the Go Social version of the sims 3 base game

Hero

Did you never register that first version on thesims3.com ? If you did, it might still be on an Origin account somewhere and you could just download that.

The trouble is the newer version (the sims refresh or go social as you call it) that has an Origin requirement and starts the launcher first before it starts the game. There's no way to bypass the launcher anymore which seems to conflict with EiG since it also only starts the launcher instead of the game.

I don't think you can still buy the old version via Origin. They are all about Origin now so that's the only version avaible. 

If you registered that old version or still have the code to that, you might be able to recover that and then play with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,873 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do you still have the original or why did you re-purchase ? I'm afraid this is a rather unfortunate side effect of the Origin requirement and there seems no solution to this. 

I still have it on my list of things to try with the new version but unless you can get hold of an older version, re-buying won't do you any good either.

Did you check the CAW forum on the sims3.com if anyone has come up with a solution to this yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,702 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had to re-purchase as one of my siblings lost the disc for the non-Go Social version. Confusedmileyindifferent: I've looked for a solution on the forums, and the only one people have came up with is to re-purchase --again, the non-Go Social version through Origin, which I am not willing to do. I've looked on alot of websites/forums where people are complaining of this and to have no solution to something which has been a problem since the release of the Go Social version is confusing and dissapointing. My computer is unable to run large EA worlds at the moment, which is why I've always used the CAW to make my own... I also lost all these worlds when I reinstalled the Origin version so now I cannot even play the game. I guess I'll have to wait see if there's ever a solution to it..

Message 3 of 6 (2,697 Views)

Hero

Did you never register that first version on thesims3.com ? If you did, it might still be on an Origin account somewhere and you could just download that.

The trouble is the newer version (the sims refresh or go social as you call it) that has an Origin requirement and starts the launcher first before it starts the game. There's no way to bypass the launcher anymore which seems to conflict with EiG since it also only starts the launcher instead of the game.

I don't think you can still buy the old version via Origin. They are all about Origin now so that's the only version avaible. 

If you registered that old version or still have the code to that, you might be able to recover that and then play with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

I never thought about that, my sister had it registered on her account, and I am able to download it from there! Thank you!

Message 5 of 6 (2,690 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also having problems with Create A World Edit In Game. I bought the entire game and the expansions through Origin. When I finally decided to try out Create A World, I was unable to Edit In Game because of the way Origin game launching works.

I tried buying an older disc-based version of The Sims 3 from Amazon, but instead they sent me the combo pack with the base game and the Showtime expansion. They probably thought they were giving me a bonus, but instead they unintentionally screwed me.

I may try buying from an Amazon reseller, or somewhere else that may have an older version of the game.

One solution that used to work for some people got me thinking - there was a batch file that bypassed the Sims launcher to go directly into Edit In Game mode. Since Origin has an external launcher feature that can be used by web apps, I wonder if that might be able to be used to bypass the launcher and pass the correct parameters directly to the game.

Does EA publish any instructions for how to use Origin as a launcher?

Message 6 of 6 (2,679 Views)