Re: Create A Sim Items Removed

by aeilyk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Create A Sim Items Removed

★★★ Newbie

Hi

so I started Sims 4 up today and I got this pop-up box on one of my game files. I went on another and it doesn't come up with this. I went into create-a-Sim, and all of the items I got from buying Digital Deluxe Edition have been removed.

the only other person using my account is my boyfriend, and he only plays it when i'm at work, on his own PC. no one else has access to my laptop. I haven't messed with any of the files, with mods or in gerenal. Origin still says I have the DDE, so I don't understand why it's doing this.

Can someone help, please?

Thanks

Image links:

Pop-Up Box: http://tinypic.com/m/igj0k4/2

My Origin *to show I have DDE*: http://tinypic.com/m/igj0nn/2

Message 1 of 2 (2,368 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE:

i managed to fix it. 

go to: Documents/Electronic Arts

change the name of The Sims 4 folder, I just added "_BACKUP" on the end

start up Sims 4 again

and it should tell you all the "new" content that your game has.

sadly, this means that you won't be able to use your save games anymore. but i don't know if it's somethig in the settings, or the actual saves that caused this. so it might be worth trying to move a save from the backup to the new folder that'll be made. i won't be testing this idea, as it isn't a bother to me, whether i play my saves or not, i didn't get very far with them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (3,169 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE:

i managed to fix it. 

go to: Documents/Electronic Arts

change the name of The Sims 4 folder, I just added "_BACKUP" on the end

start up Sims 4 again

and it should tell you all the "new" content that your game has.

sadly, this means that you won't be able to use your save games anymore. but i don't know if it's somethig in the settings, or the actual saves that caused this. so it might be worth trying to move a save from the backup to the new folder that'll be made. i won't be testing this idea, as it isn't a bother to me, whether i play my saves or not, i didn't get very far with them.

Message 2 of 2 (3,170 Views)