Crazy long loading times and a lot of lag, groceries don't show up

by 8ichthyosaur8

Original Post

Crazy long loading times and a lot of lag, groceries don't show up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion downloaded.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By loading any household.

What happens when the bug occurs? The loading time when loading a household is insanely long, as well as saving or quitting the game. Gameplay and audio is very laggy and glitchy. Grocery deliveries don't work either, no one shows up with the food even though it says they're on their way.

What do you expect to see? Way shorter loading time and less lag. I've had the highest graphics settings ever since I got the game and it's been working just fine for years, so I shouldn't have to lower the graphics. 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I've removed everything and it's still hell to play, but it worked just fine yesterday even after installing Cottage Living. I've had a lot of cc and script mods that worked well up until today. The groceries not getting delivered however didn't work yesterday either.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It worked well after yesterday's installment of Cottage Living so technically no? I think I did download a small mod but everything's removed now..
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I don't see why the game would suddenly start acting up after using heavy mods for a long time without any issues. I will say that taking out the mods improved the performance because the game was bordering on unplayable, but it's still weird when it performed well yesterday with the same mods and cc. I've spent hours trying the 50/50 method and deleting unecessary mods, repaired the game three times and restarted my computer. I am in no way an expert on game files and computers so please respond to this as if I'm 12 and know nothing about this lmao.

Message 1 of 2 (316 Views)

Re: Crazy long loading times and a lot of lag, groceries don't show up

@8ichthyosaur8  As a test, please move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package (in the same Sims 4 folder), and see how your save runs.  As long as you don't save your progress with the mods and cc gone, you don't have to worry about missing content: it'll all be back once you add back the files.

If the save still runs poorly, please start a new save, still with mods and cc removed, for comparison's sake.  If it runs poorly too, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (312 Views)