Re: Crashing on start up NO MODS

by malik_ishtar_ygo

Original Post

Crashing on start up NO MODS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

For the last month and a half, my game has More often than not refused to start. Every once in a while it will decide to start up after a fresh restart but that's rare, like One out of ten times. What I see on startup is a black screen the usual blue spinner but it's frozen in place before promptly crashing to my desktop. I have an icore 7 and 64gb of ram so computing power shouldn't be the problem. I've also cleared cache, repaired the sims, made sure my graphic drivers are up to date (they were), I have also tried starting a fresh game by removing the sims 4 folder. Reinstalling origin was my next step but I'm starting to think this is above my capabilities. I've attached my DxDiag. 

Message 1 of 3 (257 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@malik_ishtar_ygo 

Your Graphics driver is a year old please visit nvidia.com to update it. Also see if there are a new driver for your audio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did that didn't help. The spinner did spin but it still crashed. 

Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)