Re: Crashing issue with old files in TRAY folder

by andymarie56

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't know, I haven't had that particular problem myself. I did want to mention that this thread does seem related to the tray folder issue.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Game-locking-in-the-initial-loading-screen-after-the-last/td-p/4...

Message 11 of 15 (974 Views)

Hero

Agreed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As far as I noticed there are trayitems files that keeps being written over each time the game is started. Which I think has to do with the

Gallery - my library.

1.  I removed and saved to the desktop the trayitem to a folder named temptray ( I had around 246 items.). (Sort them by date most recent to the oldest

only remove the trayitem files with the same date.)

2.  Added five at a time to the Games active Tray folder. (The more I added the longer it took to respond.( 02 sec. without rewritten trayitems files to

1 min. 30 sec. 63 rewritten trayitems put back). Stopped there because it was taking so long to come back and run, between the Plumbob and

the Sims Animated Sequence ( Ex.:  rocketship, Tiki bar, Sim on the floor sleeping and so on.)

3.  Decided to save the documents sims 4 folder to the desktop. I uninstalled and reinstalled sims 4 game files. Put the tray folder, saves and everything

else I wanted to put back. Ran and had the same problem as above.

4.  So I started the Game and went to the Gallery - my library, Deleted all but what I needed to play the Households that i have.

5.  Restarted the game. Now it is back to 02 sec. between the Plumbob and the Sims Animated Sequence ( Ex.:  rocketship, Tiki bar, Sim on the floor

sleeping and so on.)

6.  Went to the Gallery and added a few Sims into my library. (Did step 5 again and it worked like it did before the update (except missing what I had in

my library (but I can deal with that).

<<<<<<<<<I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM>>>>>>>>

Message 13 of 15 (944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No it did'nt  help me, i had almost 600 creations in my library that i made myself , and did alot of work on them, now the ones that were not in the gallery are now gone, and the ones that i could find in gallery, i added back, but game wont load up if i add them back, so i basically cant have my creations i made in my library, the game wont load up for me, ive waited 30 mins or more and nothinng, had to empty tray folder yet again, GRRRR!!!!!, this game makes me so mad.

Message 14 of 15 (940 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know what you mean. This took away a lot of the fun I was having with the game and I've just archived my old tray folder for now until they fix this (if they ever do, I'm losing interest in this game quick because of issues like this.) I've barely played it since. That advanced tab really made me mad after wasting hours thinking the game was messed up (because it is) when it kept crashing or freezing up and then I couldn't see anything in my gallery. I think I've spent more time in this forum trying to figure out what's going on than probably actually playing, ugh.

Message 15 of 15 (930 Views)