Re: Crashing error won’t start game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Crashing error won’t start game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Don’t know steam
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don’t have non
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying start up the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It gives me a error and when I press ok it sends me to origin
What do you expect to see? I want to play the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey I recently downloaded sims from steam and from origin but when I press play the game gives me a error saying TS4_x64.exe-Application error 

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)Click ok to close the application.I don’t know how to fix it I tried replacing the files that it came with and keeps doing it plz help I wonna play sims I just spent money for a game that I can’t play 

Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

Re: Crashing error won’t start game

[ Edited ]

@youknowquaterbac  Please do a clean uninstall of Sims 4:

• Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 4 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, uninstall the 2015, 2017, or 2019 VC++ runtimes, whichever versions you have, both x64 and x86.  Download new copies from Microsoft here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You do need both x86 and x64, but you can skip the ARM version.  Restart again afterwards.

Redownload Sims 4 and try to play.  Don't add, remove, or replace any files, just try to run the game as is.  If you get the same error, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus program you use.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)