Crashin

by thelithijabii

Original Post

Crashin

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am currently having an issue with constant crashing while playing the Sims. The crash time can happen anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. When it crashes, I have a freeze first and then a white screen. I can tab out but if I click anywhere, the frozen Sims game will keep me in the game. What I have been doing is acting as though I'm going to restart then hit cancel and it will kill the game. 

Sadly, I have tried countless attempts of solving the issue on my own. And Support has the same exact steps that I have and even told me to post to the forums to see if I can get help. If anyone can take a look at my dxdiag file, I would appreciate it. Also, I will post the steps I've already taken below (at least the ones I remember!). 

• Repair 
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling 
  • Restoring to factory settings 
  • Fixing and updating Windows  
  • Run as admin 
  • CCleaner (Glary to be fair) 
  • Uninstall/reinstall graphics card/drivers 
  • Reset ram 
  • Reinstalled the game on my C drive rather than my D drive 
  • Checked and fixed any registry issue 
  • Cleared cache from computer and the game 
  • Support suggested a DNSFlush and a Winsock reset (Guess they though it was a connection issue???) 
  • I don't use anti virus programs 
  • Attempted to player WoW and GW2 to help replicate the results and the issue is only while playing the Sims 
  • Restarted my computer over 20 times during these processes 

When my case finally got escalated, I had been given these errors that they found in the reports 

Faulting application name: TS4_x64.exe
Faulting module name: TS4_x64.exe

Faulting module name: nvd3dumx.dll
(x3)

Faulting module name: Simulation_x64.dll

I'm sure I'm missing some other things, I did a whole troublshooting thing in the command prompt page and still no results. Also, I don't use mods at all, only in-game content. Anyone out there that can take a look and maybe suggest something that I'm looking over? Thanks! 

PS: The forum template mentioned to add a lastcrash.txt file. I located one but when I opened it, it only produced a bunch of script. Is that something that is still needed? 

Message 1 of 1 (129 Views)