Re: Crashes

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashes

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I just bought this computer a few months ago and had The Sims 3 and Late Night installed on it and it ran beautifully. Then I didn't play the game for maybe a month and then returned to it. I happily clicked the icon and pressed the play button, then while waiting for my game to load my entire computer crashed. No error message or anything, just a totally unexplained crash. So, in an attempt to fix the problem, I renewed my McAfee antivirus (which I needed to do anyway) and bought a registry cleaner. After running both of those programs, my game is still crashing. So then I bought another copy of The Sims 3, installed it and again, crashed my computer. Then I ventured to look through my registry keys and, alas, there was no folder for EA games in any of my Software registry keys. Tell me. What do I do now. 

Message 1 of 2 (445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Did the computer restart or what do you mean by 'the entire computer crashed' ?

Here's instructions where you're reg key should be: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

If they're really missing, I'd suggest to uninstall the game, clean the registiry and then reinstall. You can even try the manual uninstalling as described in the link above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (483 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did the computer restart or what do you mean by 'the entire computer crashed' ?

Here's instructions where you're reg key should be: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

If they're really missing, I'd suggest to uninstall the game, clean the registiry and then reinstall. You can even try the manual uninstalling as described in the link above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (484 Views)