Re: Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on

by scott16546

Original Post

Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on
What do you expect to see? play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on

Message 1 of 8 (1,659 Views)

★ Pro
Message 2 of 8 (1,642 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same. It still crashes for me. Hope a fix is found. I refuse to play the game without CC. 

I read that Peacemaker cc is broken and will crash. Also, any and all kitchen CC seems to be broken as well. Try removing those? I did and managed to load my game once. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,635 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@scott16546 

@DayDreamer0215 

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game. CC Showers confirmed as broken. Beds, bookcases, and showers by Peacemaker are affected by the patch, remove any bookcases or bed by him until they are fixed. Some of the CC objects from building mode probably are broken by this patch also.
MCC was updated the second time. Kawai all mods need to be updated. The same applies to UIC mod, More CAS Columns mod, Zerbu mods, Little Ms. Sim mods and so on... So if you have any mods or CC
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using. (UIC and MCC there are new versions.)
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one.

(If you have thousands of CC divide them 500 pieces in one subfolder. If you are lucky the broken ones will in the first one)

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (1,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Mods I have updated

Message 5 of 8 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i updated all my mods and still crashing i even deleted my config & save file and still crashing when i try to go to my home lot it'll work with them off

Message 6 of 8 (1,545 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@scott16546

Try to play only with these mods, nothing more and check if you still have this error. If it will work it means that somewhere in the other mods or CC you had, the culprit is hiding.
Message 7 of 8 (1,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your sharing

Message 8 of 8 (1,396 Views)