Crash when trying to save game on one specific lot

by Kelenloth

Original Post

Crash when trying to save game on one specific lot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time I try to build on this one lot - it's the lot called "The Lighthouse" in the island section of the neighborhood that came with Get Together - every time I press "save" while on this lot, the game will crash. Weirdly, it seems ot be just on this lot. I haven't tested all of the lots, but for instance if I build in the lot next to it, on the same map, everything is fine. But that one lot, I cannot save on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game does the "saving" animaiton for a few seconds, and then spawns an error report window: "The Sims 4 has stopped working". The game closes without saving, and I lose anything I've built there.
What do you expect to see? I expected the game to save and then let me continue playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch - downloaded 06/08/2020

Not sure what else to say here. I've been trying to build on this one lot in the neighborhood from Get Together. But no mater what I build there, if I push "save", the game with crash and close. It's just that one lot though. The one called "The Lighthouse". I haven't tried all of the other lots in my game but I've tried 3 other lots in the same neighborhood and they seem fine.

Message 1 of 5 (803 Views)

Re: Crash when trying to save game on one specific lot

Hero

Hi @Kelenloth 

Do  you have a lastcrash.txt file, could you add this to your post ?

either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm having the same problem but with 2 lots in Willow Creek in Foundry Cove. I have not tested all lots in this save but I have tested all the lots in Foundry Cove. Daisy Hovel and Crick Cabana will not save. Exiting to neighbourhood also crashes the game. I've sent a test sim to visit the lots and when I try to get them to go home, it crashes the game. There's no error window. It simply just closes the game and origin as if I've hit the exit game button. 

Edit to add: Oh and I also wanted to add that the same lots in other saves appear to be fine. 

Update: I've done a little more testing. Moving a sim into the lot works. Play them for a minute then evicting them seems to actually fix the issue and now I can build/save/visit just fine without the crashing. 

(CM: Edited to merge multiple posts)

Message 3 of 5 (718 Views)

Hero
@Peapod79 Did you patch your game to 1.63.136.1020

As this thread is pre-patch and is possibly fixed now, I would suggest you make your own thread.

For crashing issues it's best to use the tech forum for posting so someone can help you troubleshooting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 unless there's a known crashing with all the same symptoms.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (684 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes. That was the version this was happening in. Moving in some actual sims and then evicting them, did solve the problem though! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 5 (661 Views)