Crash on Load

by jhalkovic

Original Post

Crash on Load

★ Novice

My game crashes on load--the Origin Client loads, a black screen followed by a white screen followed by a black screen loads in rapid succession and then the game crashes.

I have no mods, no save files, etc installed-- (these are saved in a backup folder on my desktop).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times. I have also deleted all folders from any folders utilized by the game prior to a re-install.

I have repaired the game from the Origin client.

I am up to date on windows, origin, and sims 4 updates.

I have disabled firewall settings and attempted to run the game as an administrator--this has no effect.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Origin client.

I am sure there are other steps I have taken also, in lieu of numerous posts by other users, which I am neglecting to include here--none of these measures have borne fruit.

With respect to the innumerable posts I have sifted through thus far, I would appreciate the following:

***I do not want a response from another user, I want a response from an EA employee; and frankly, if EA is unable to correct this issue I want a refund in full for the game and numerous DLCs that I purchased as this is clearly not an issue on my end--something you have done in an update has caused this game to cease functioning/become utterly worthless.

I am running this on Windows 10 and my machine more than meets the system requirements--I previously ran this game for 5 months without complication.

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: Crash on Load

Community Manager
Hi @jhalkovic,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry you've run into this and haven't been able to resolve it via the list of steps you've already taken. You didn't mention it in your post, but have you tried a http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot to see if the game launches?

If that fails, could you grab a DXDiag for us please so we can take a closer look? http://bit.ly/GatherSystemInfo
EACade
Message 2 of 4 (328 Views)

★ Novice

EA Cade,

I am definitely not doing a clean boot for a single game that ran previously without issue in concert with every process that is now present-no other games have been affected (including a separate title by EA)--appx 40 other games-- and my PC is used strictly for gaming aka I am running nothing new in the bg/anything that shpuld interefere. The game literally ran without issue one night and the next evening crashed on startup. I believe all that occured between those evenings was a windows 10 update and a Sims 4 update.

As for a DX diagnostic, I have verified manually that all of my drivers are up to date--and again, I have many other titles that utilize dx and have substantially higher graphics requirements and they all boot/run without issue.

Message 3 of 4 (296 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @jhalkovic,

OK, if you can't provide that information we won't be able to assist you further here.

You'll need to speak with live support at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or on Twitter at @EAhelp for further assistance.
EACade
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)