Re: Crash after first patch

by WickedLamb31

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash after first patch

★ Apprentice

Everytime I go on-line through Origin my game crashes to the destktop right at the start up. It never did this before and now I have to play  in offline mode.

Any fix to this?

Message 1 of 17 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

So after trying everything and googling... I ran origin as administrator & it worked.

Hopefully it keeps working.

Thank you for everything Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (535 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Check on your Antivirus and Firewall if they are not blocking something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (387 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dont know if it that. I disabled my Antivirus and firewall and it still crashed.

Message 3 of 17 (384 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here's the diagnostics:

http://pastebin.com/BQmdQpFe

Message 5 of 17 (372 Views)

Hero

Specs look good but try updating those graphics drivers. Nvidia has newer ones than February

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (366 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Specs look good but try updating those graphics drivers. Nvidia has newer ones than February

Okay..I'll try updating the drivers. Thats weird because I just bought my computer in late August.

Maybe its the drivers that is causing the crash.  Fingers crossed. I will respond and let you know if all works late in the day.

Thank you for your help Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 17 (363 Views)

Hero

It's normal that new computers don't have the newest drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (360 Views)

★ Apprentice

I updated my graphics driver also disabled my virus scanner as well as firewall & it still crashed after I logged onto Origin.

I dont know what to do at this point.

Message 9 of 17 (352 Views)

Hero

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 4 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (345 Views)