Re: Cow Stuck in Building Inventory As Well As Can't Assign Or Get New Chickens

by uwuBambii

Original Post

Cow Stuck in Building Inventory As Well As Can't Assign Or Get New Chickens

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to play the Cottage living pack but when I tried to move, it put my cow and chicken in the building inventory, once I made the house I tried to put both pets on the plot near their homes but the cow wouldn't get out of my inv because of "needs to be on a specific object". I've been trying to put it in the shed trying to assign it, but nothing. So I just let it be in my inv, but for the chicken, I tried assigning it but it wouldn't be assigned. So I planned on trading it than buying new ones but when I tried buying more the option would be darkened saying the capacity is at max cap when I only had 1 chicken. I've been so confused I'm planning to start a new world at this point.

Message 1 of 21 (24,535 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@stevehxrvey 

Have you tried placing the cow on an empty shed?

The chickens you can place on the ground and then choose the assign interaction on the coop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 21 (24,524 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

If you brought the old shed from your previous lot, it will not reconnect with your cow/llama. I had brought the shed with me because I thought I’d need it for my cow but I had the same issue, she wouldn’t come out of my inventory or be reassigned. I sold the old shed and bought a new one, works fine. 

tl;dr delete your old shed and buy a new one. 

Message 3 of 21 (24,478 Views)

★ Novice

Tried the deleting my shed. did not work. Cow still stuck in my inventory =/

Message 4 of 21 (24,435 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. I have 2 cows in my building inventory right now. 

Message 5 of 21 (24,423 Views)

★ Novice

My cow is stuck in my sims's inventory. I placed it in my inventory for the fair and now cannot get it out

Message 6 of 21 (24,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. I deleted the original shed bought a new one, then we into live mode and assigned my cow to the shed. Worked perfectly! 

Message 7 of 21 (24,326 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jayne3179 Thanks so much, it had me stumped till your post and now my animals are back where they should be!  Standard smile

Message 8 of 21 (24,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem! I ended up going into live mode and was ready to buy a new cow but when I clicked on the shed it had an option to assign an animal and my cow was an option! Milkshake is back home and happy Standard smile

Message 9 of 21 (22,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I had the same problem what I did was...

1. buy a new shed

2. buy a new cow for the shed

3. groom it for a day or two

4. sold said cow

5. approached shed with sim

6. "assign animal to shed" and the two animals I had in my sims family inventory in build mode became available to reassign to the shed.

Full sim year later and all is still well 

Message 10 of 21 (22,951 Views)