Cottage living stuck on loading screen after clicking move household

by jesele12345

Original Post

Cottage living stuck on loading screen after clicking move household

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? uni, island, eco, snowy, cottage, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home deco, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retrear, laundry day, tiny living, spooky, vintage, fitness, my first pet, luxury partyy
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know?
What happens when the bug occurs? My game has literally been on the loading screen for 3 hours now. It goes into the game. Im able to play in any other world except cottage living. im trying to move my sim there as I literally just bought it today. Its actually so annoying. Im just trying to play. I launched the game at 4pm and its now 11pm. I’ve restarted my game 3 times and my computer once. not one inch of progress has been made. its none of my mods or cc.
What do you expect to see? a working game. Didnt spend 54$ on something that broke my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the recent patch that came with cottage living

Help lol. I launch sims and it works completely fine and loads into san myshino where i last played my game with those sims i made. I literally just bought cottage living today as a gift for myself for completely my 3/4 unit exams for university. I made a new sim. to move into a cottage expecting to you know garden look at animals. i dont know havent seen the gameplay yet so really was just tryna experience it and have fun with it. As soon as i click “move household” and the check button. it goes into a loading screen as it always does except this loading screen is taking 3 hours to load. Literally have restarted the game 3 times and my computer once. Its not my mods or cc as i have checked. Idek whats going on but its really upsetting me. all i wanted to do was play the new pack cause this looks like the best one yet

Message 1 of 12 (870 Views)

Re: Cottage living stuck on loading screen after clicking move household

Hero
@jesele12345 How do you know it's none of your cc/mods ? Did you test without anything ? That's the only way to be sure it's not mods/cc, especially since it could also be a conflict between mods. Also make sure to delete the localthumbcache file.

Do you have lots of empty households generated in your household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Hey! Ive downloaded the better exceptions mod. so its supposed to let me know if any mods have broken the game. but i’ll probably find a day to just spend all day removing mods etc. i’ve been avoiding it cause i have so many. it just doesnt seem like a mod issue to me. cause i can still go into cas and go to different worlds. it just doesnt let me load into an actual game

Message 3 of 12 (823 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jesele12345 Also had this problem, but I just accidentally pressed the “m” shortcut key. Got the spinning wheel thing and gave it like 20 minutes before I had to force shutdown my computer. Never had this issue prior to cottage living patch. Never used any mods.
Message 4 of 12 (819 Views)

★★★ Novice

How did you fix it? just by shutting down? 

Message 5 of 12 (816 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ash-sulsuldagdag how did you fix it? just by shutting down? or did you do something else
Message 6 of 12 (814 Views)

Hero
@jesele12345 Just remove all your mods, test your save without them, if it doesn't happen, you can start hunting.

There's many reasons for stuck loading screens and mods is always the first that needs ruling out.

There's currently a known issue if you travelled to the snow festival.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (788 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hey! I just removed all mods and its still stuck on the loading screen. I also just had the new update to fix any bugs and i guess that didnt work either :/
Message 8 of 12 (745 Views)

Hero
@jesele12345 How big is your save game ? Did you travel to the snow festival ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (726 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I actually found out its a mod somewhere in my game. i removed all of my mods but better exceptions found something. i dont know what it id though because the orange bubble text box popped up but. there was no text. Do you have any tips on how to find and organize broken cc?
Message 10 of 12 (714 Views)