Cottage Living won't download

by lanithehermit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cottage Living won't download

★★ Novice

So I just bought the Cottage Living Expansion Pack about ten minutes ago but it won't automatically download and when I go to manually start the download, the button is not there. I've tried restarting my computer, closing out of my Origin browser a couple of times, even updated my game to see if that would jumpstart it. I already looked through other asks to see if any of them matched my problem but couldn't find one. If anyone has any answers as to why it won't download, please help me out. 

I've attached an image of what Origin looks like from my end in case that helps:

Screenshot (1).png

Message 1 of 6 (2,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cottage Living won't download

@lanithehermit  Origin often starts the download after you load the game, so please try launching Sims 4 a couple times to see whether it helps.

If not, please disable automatic game updates in Origin (Application Settings > Application > Client update), quit Origin, restart your computer, enable auto updates, then quit and restart again if necessary.  If auto updates are already disabled, you can simply enable them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,961 Views)

All Replies

@lanithehermit  Origin often starts the download after you load the game, so please try launching Sims 4 a couple times to see whether it helps.

If not, please disable automatic game updates in Origin (Application Settings > Application > Client update), quit Origin, restart your computer, enable auto updates, then quit and restart again if necessary.  If auto updates are already disabled, you can simply enable them.

Message 2 of 6 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem now! It shows a red ! mark but when I load the game it says I don't have cottage living downloaded, it was pro ordered also.

Did anything work?

Message 3 of 6 (2,916 Views)

@jennaboo93  The original poster accepted my reply as the solution, so I'm guessing one of my suggestions did work.  If they don't help you, try clearing Origin's cache and then repeating the other steps.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help either, please post a screenshot of the red exclamation point so I can see its context.

Message 4 of 6 (2,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, i pre ordered CL but have been given download failure every time i try to download it (its saying its internet issues but i can download other things fine) and now when i try and download its saying i need to buy it again? ive done the cache clear with no success. ive had this issue for months now and haven't gotten a proper response from EA, so id really appreciate some help. Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (2,031 Views)

@bdlavis  If you're being asked to buy the game again, you'll need to contact EA customer support.  There's nothing anyone on this forum can do about an account issue.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you're not getting anywhere with standard support, you can try contacting EA Help on Twitter or Facebook; it's best to wait for U.S. business hours.

Message 6 of 6 (2,024 Views)