Corrupted gallery sims 4

by valearci33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Corrupted gallery sims 4

★★★ Apprentice

Hello

someone know why in the gallery i see corrupted sims and families or lots with a red X and i can't delete them at all?
What is it exactly? I tried to repair and nothing change.. i used mod to check it and nothing can remove it...

thanks for the info..

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMVnrWQOxhCMV67RUY_LZHaa--2Gz-g6mELN3MOrrvGNBJ7hLgaWtHyLaoPiOAW...

Message 1 of 25 (10,943 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Corrupted gallery sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@valearci33 

This problem may be related to your graphics card. The card cannot read the pictures correctly in the gallery.

It can also be related to damaged files in your game folder.

First, let the game replace the configuration files in the game folder. To do this, you must to do a factory reset of this folder.

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.

Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be fine and nothing will be damaged
If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

i don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 25 (10,879 Views)

All Replies

@valearci33  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 25 (10,893 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@valearci33 

This problem may be related to your graphics card. The card cannot read the pictures correctly in the gallery.

First, let the game replace the configuration files in the game folder. To do this, you must to do a factory reset of this folder.

Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
"saves" and Tray.

Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be fine and nothing will be damaged
If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

i don't work for EA

Message 3 of 25 (10,880 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora thank you so much. I will try now to do so and I will update here again, thank you for the explanation!
Message 4 of 25 (10,858 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora Ps: I have a note to add: I don't think it's a problem releated to graphic card. I own 2 computers, one is this notebook I'm using now, but I have another good computer (tower computer) and also there it gives me the same problem. .. the graphic card is very good so i doubt it's something that have to do with this... I wonder what could be.. anyway i'm repair the origin... so we will see what happens...
Message 5 of 25 (10,852 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kreatora Ok, I've followed all these steps and till point 9 it works and there was not corrupted files with that "X" anymore.

@valearci33

"saves" and Tray.

From this point, something caused again that "X" in the game, so i think it's the folder "TRAY" where there's my sims saved and infact in the gallery are my sims that are corrupted...

-----------------------

From step 10
the step 10 was not easy for me to understand. Infact, actually I simply copy and paste again the MOD folder with CC inside the mod folder
but i don't think it's a problem inside the mod or cc. It's the sims inside the folder tray that have some files corrupted.. so how i can choose which one is corrupted and deleted it, if I can't identify the exact corrupted families inside the tray folder and deleted them manually from the folder itself... sigh...
Message 6 of 25 (10,846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@valearci33 I also noticed one thing. I temporary moved only the foulder Tray in the new The Sims folder and launching the game, everything works (but also all the families and sims created are not on gallery anymore, so I don't see the corrupted files because simply the folder tray it's not there anymore.
But , since the families in the game villages are still there in the game, I wonder if I could play again by enter inside each family 's lots and maybe the folder Tray would automatically created again and the families would return on the SIms folder not corrupted?
Also, I 've transfered some families from a place to another, and maybe are exactly the families that I moved in another place that now appear with an "X", even if im not totally sure, I should check to be sure...
I mean, all these problems started since I bought the new expansions pack "ISland life" and "Parenthood"... I transfered some families in the new places (added by the Island life ), so maybe is for this that are corrupted? I don't have idea...
Message 7 of 25 (10,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@valearci33 here some of my Dxdiag:

Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15D8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15D8)
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Display Memory: 5078 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2032 MB
Shared Memory: 3045 MB
Message 8 of 25 (10,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@valearci33in the tray folder there's these files:

File BLUEPRINT
File BPI
File HHI
File HOUSEHOLDBINARY
File SGI
File TRAYITEM

Which one could be the sims corrupted and which file with extension could be surely not a sim? For example i could copy inside tray all the files .TRAYITEM , as maybe are items (lots?) and not sims?

EDIT: ok, I put inside the folder TRAY, all the files with the extension " .BLUEPRINT ", i launched the game, went to the gallery and not corrupted files up to now. (and no sims families displayed so the blueprint don't include the sims inside the tray folder). 

Now I will one for one put inside all the other files, until i find the group that could contains the families/sims that i see corrupted.

See you later

Message 9 of 25 (10,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@valearci33

The TRAY folder contains your families and homes. For something to be in the Tray folder, it must be saved to the library. Tray folder will not generate anything by itself.
Each sim or family consists of several files, so you cannot delete individual files because you damage the family. This family will still be in your library but mutilated and invisible in the Gallery.

What you see in the Gallery what is the named in the Gallery as a Library. this is the contents of the Tray folder shown as pictures. So to delete family you need to delete this image of the family. It will delete 4 files in your Tray folder. 

So if you still have the old Tray folder. delete the one that you have tested and where you have experimented, and paste all the old one

The reason for your problem may have been caused by a broken Option or configuration file. The Options file, among others, is responsible for the graphics settings in your game. a Configuration, if I'm not mistaken is responsible for connecting to Gallery.

P.S. I wrote that for your problem is responsible, either the graphics card or files in the folder. The reason could be either this or this. Not everything at once. Standard smile

Message 10 of 25 (10,827 Views)