Corrupted Save, Please help!

by MissHardbroom

Original Post

Corrupted Save, Please help!

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

So, I've spent all day building a lot and now the save and all backups are corrupted. Basically, I started a new game and just created a random Sim called "F" just to get into the new world to build. I didn't move him in anywhere. I then built a massive construction and it took all day. I then deleted "F" from my manage households and the gallery, ready to create the actual families I wanted. I then went into my old save to upload a lot I wanted to move over, but now I can't get into the new save. I don't care if I've lost the save as I didn't do anything, I just want to recover the build. Is there anyway to fix this?? Or retrieve "F" to repair the save file? I assume it's not opening because there is no families in the save.

Thank you in advance,

I'm praying.

Message 1 of 4 (206 Views)

Re: Corrupted Save, Please help!

★★★ Newbie
Do you have the save as a household or lot? if the save is corrupted then you might be able to repair it by placing it in an entirely new world.
Message 2 of 4 (197 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not sure what you mean.

I can't load into the save file so I can't get at the lot at all. The save file has the deleted "F" sim as the image so it registers him as the last save but he doesn't exist anymore.

I didn't upload the lot to the gallery so I have no save of it
Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

★ Apprentice

Probably a long-shot here but have you tried restoring the save to a previous version? Right click on the file and look for "restore previous versions". Just curious if it will work. If any of the system restore functions are shut off in windows (or you're on a mac) it won't.

Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)