Corrupt Save?

by steffadee

Original Post

Corrupt Save?

★★★ Novice
I am so frustrated. Something has happened to my game since the last update. First some info. I have mods including mcc (I have already ruled out mods as the cause.). I use their auto-save feature. I've used it with no issues for at least 2 years. It is set to save every 12 sim hours then I do a save and exit when I'm ready to get out of the game.

So last Sunday when I played it was summer, my sim was a teenager who was going to age up in 4 days, and she became pregnant. Well I played through three seasons during which time she aged up, I made a nursery, she had twins right after aging up, and was getting ready to start college. So it was now the end of winter and she had finished one semester of school. I had also downloaded two sims from the gallery, put them in the house next to hers, and she had a romantic relationship with both guys. It saved like it should, I did my extra save, exited the game, and went to bed.

Next day I go into the game like normal. When it loads, she's the only person in the household. The twins are gone and the guys I moved in next door are gone too. Then I realize she's a teenager again and isn't even pregnant. BUT all the objects I had bought during those hours of game play, the nursery, plants in the garden that I planted are all still there. Those weren't affected at all, just the sims and their relationships. Now ever since it does the same thing. It's fine until I completely close out of the game and sometimes it will be okay if it's a short period but otherwise it reverts back. I don't get it and I can't figure it out. I tried removing all mods and cc. Still did it.

I know people might say start a new save, but I am on my 75th generation! I am so close to completing my achievement and I don't want to ditch the save unless there is absolutely no other choice. I did all the usual troubleshooting. Cleaning cache, repairing the game, I moved lots, tried to create a new save, etc. I did go into a different save to test it and the other save worked completely fine. I sped up several days and it saved it with no problem so I know it's specifically this save file. Can anyone help? I've been working on this legacy since 2016!!

Message 1 of 1 (134 Views)