Constant white screen. HELP

by sammy123yay

Original Post

Constant white screen. HELP

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get together, City living, spa day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? always a white screen when playing
What happens when the bug occurs? always a white screen when playing, can hear music and press on things but constant white screen
What do you expect to see? I open the game, it starts up okay then goes to a white screen in 10 seconds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a problem where each time I open the sims4 game through the origin on my pc I end up having a white screen turn on instantly, I have tried uninstalling it and repairing and updating and sorting out mods on it and nothing works to fix it. How am I meant to get it working normally?

Message 1 of 7 (422 Views)

Re: Constant white screen. HELP

Hero

HI @sammy123yay 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what does that stuf do though? how does it fix the problem

Message 3 of 7 (327 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sammy123yay same problem, it loads the sims, when it goes into opening menu , a white screen appears. I hear music but no screen.
Message 4 of 7 (290 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@glowworm88 I have no mods installed. I have not been able to play in 6 monthes. frustatring. I only played sims 1 besides this. the sims 4 is amazing. I bought sim 3 to see if that would work. Having issues INSTALLING. arg!!!!!!
Message 5 of 7 (289 Views)

@glowworm88  Please try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)

★★ Novice

I just updated my game and this was not happening before the update. But my game also does the exact same thing with the white screen.

Message 7 of 7 (220 Views)