Constant Crashes on Startup

by HailToTheSpectre

Original Post

Constant Crashes on Startup

★ Novice

So Sims 4 was working fine. Had it installed to the SSD but the HDD crapped out and I had to get a replacement from WD. So I wanted a fresh install of everything and loaded everything on SSD like I did before. I don't even have the new HDD connected but regardless Sims 4 crashes on boot every time.

Message 1 of 3 (250 Views)

Re: Constant Crashes on Startup

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Also I have reinstalled Windows 10 again to try to fix the issues. Still has the same problem. Not sure why it would work before the HDD took a * even though it was never installed there.

Other games runs fine

Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: Constant Crashes on Startup

★★ Pro

Have you tried any of the following:

1. Deactivate Origin in Game - Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

2. Try running Origin As Administrator - Right-click on the Origin icon on the desktop and select Run as Administrator.

3. Try playing the game in "Offline" mode - In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

4. Start the game in Windowed mode - In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on Sims 4 and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

5. Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - Take your Sims 4 folder move it to the desktop and Run Sims 4, it will create a new Sims 4 folder. Create a new Save to test. Your game saves and other game files will be fine backed up to the desktop.

6. Turn off or disable Game bar in Windows 10 (Search the term [disable game bar in Windows 10] for instructions)

7. If you haven't, try running Ccleaner since you've uninstalled/Reinstalled the operating system and game.

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

8. If you feel the crashing is game related, you may be able to share your game saves and/or crash files with the Sims Team.

[INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)