by java3wg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant Blizzard

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the weather machine
What happens when the bug occurs? Snowflakes go across like they would during a snow storm. No snow forms on the ground and Sims hold themselves and change into cold weather attire when going outside. It's currently summer in my game.
What do you expect to see? Normal weather.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Encountered this issue after using the weather machine. Repairs haven't helped, nor has reinstalling.

Message 1 of 12 (998 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant Blizzard

Hero

Hi @java3wg

it looks to me like the mod has permanently borked your save. I only had the blizzard affects show in Brindlton Bay though but the SIms act as if it was different weather so it seems to me that the effect is permanent in that neighborhood for that save. but it's just an effect showing.

So either move all your Sims to a different save or not use that neighborhood. 

Maybe you have a backup from before you used the machine ? That could also help. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (980 Views)

All Replies

Hero

How long has the blizzard/snow storm been going on ? Do you also get it if you travel to a different neighborhood ?

Can you duplicate this on save that never saw any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (974 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've tried moving worlds and traveling to different lots. I'll test a new save now, thanks!
Message 3 of 12 (961 Views)

Hero
Do you also have a blizzard in the other worlds or just the one where you used the machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (948 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's in the other worlds also.
Message 5 of 12 (945 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (936 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you. Testing in a new save with zero mods and no previous save files (or the options.ini file) worked as I expected. I added my old save back and deleted the test one, but the problem persists. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my game last night also.
Message 7 of 12 (876 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@java3wg wrote:
Thank you. Testing in a new save with zero mods and no previous save files (or the options.ini file) worked as I expected. I added my old save back and deleted the test one, but the problem persists. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my game last night also.

I made a new save for the Sims that were experiencing such issue and it seems to have gone away.

Message 8 of 12 (847 Views)

Hero

So you're just seeing it on that one save game ?

What kinds of mods/cc were you using on that before you removed them (please no links or adult mod references, just name them)

I'm moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

So you're just seeing it on that one save game ?

What kinds of mods/cc were you using on that before you removed them (please no links or adult mod references, just name them)

I'm moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

I used a weather overhaul mod but had removed it. I'm unsure if that caused the issue or not. MCCC and generally hair/clothes/makeup for CC.

Message 10 of 12 (823 Views)