Console commands not working

by ErrorEmma

Original Post

Console commands not working

★ Novice

Whenever I try to bring up the console command bar, the game gets a dark blue overlay and I cannot do anything but exit the game.

I have all packs and add ons for the Sims, and have not had this issue before. I've tried repairing sims through the origin app, it didn't help. I've tried taking out my CC, didn't help.

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I Ctrl+Shift+Csims bug.png

Message 1 of 6 (709 Views)

Re: Console commands not working

Champion (Retired)

@ErrorEmma 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (700 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Tried that, still no luck
Message 3 of 6 (688 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ErrorEmma 

Let me understand it correctly. When you press ctrl-shift-c the dark overlay appears but not the console window that also should be there? Or is it that when you close the console window that the overlay does not disappear?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (683 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen When I close the console window the overlay doesn't disappear, yes
Message 5 of 6 (676 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ErrorEmma 

This is caused by a broken mod. You wrote that you did try moving the Mods folder to the Desktop. It may not be the correct folder. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Message 6 of 6 (644 Views)