Re: Considering refund. Unable to control game glitches.

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Considering refund. Unable to control game glitches.

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the sims limited edition, and I have found some extremely annoying bugs, I only got the game today and spent a long amount of time playing, I experienced a couple of bugs:

- Sim cant get back onto plot/land

- No other teenagers

Also one that annoys me ALOT is the fact that when I travel to the park or to the library or something, the buildings just disappear. I visited the park, and there was NOTHING there. I could build my own park (that was one of the options) so, I decided to go to one of my sims house, all of their family got teleported out onto the foot path and there was no land, just an empty block of nothingness.

So, I decided to go back to my home which I spent a huge amount of time building. It was gone. Everything on it. I was so frustrated at this point and really need some help getting my game sorted, I honestly feel like returning the game unless someone can help me or some amazing miracle can happen.

I have looked online for ways to fix these and no-one else seems to be having this problem. Im really bummed.

Frown

Message 2 of 7 (345 Views)

Sims 4 limited edition Disc Installation... HELP! Windows 7

★★★★ Novice

Hello, just today i bought The Sims 4 Limited Edition, first off, what is the difference between limited edition and normal sims 4? Ok so I got it and put in disc one.

I use windows seven btw...

It says:

AutoPlay

and has a few different options:

-Run AutoRun.exe

-Import photos and videos 

-Open folder to view files 

and

-View more AutoPlay options in Control Panel

I clicked Run Autorun.exe and it opens a menu that says

Origin

Steps to install The Sims 4

1) Select continue

2) Sign in (I created an account because this is the first i have)

3) Install The Simms 4.

SO... I pressed continue and it opend origin, i made my account and then confirmed my email, when i went on, i clicked MY GAMES,

All it said was

ORIGIN STORE>

FREE GAMES>

ON THE HOUSE>

in "my games" you would think sims 4 would be there, it wasnt. so, I tried putting in the second disc and barley anything happend. I really want to know why I bought sims on a DISC and have to use origin to download it, i could have just got it of origin in the first place, anyway, someone please help, all i have when i search sims 4 in windows start button is this plain file that when i click on does NOTHING. it said in the insstructions to download sims 4 after i completed the steps, where do i download it from. ok bye

Message 1 of 7 (349 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would also like to add that just now, I have logged into sims and my whole character and all my work is gone. -.-

Message 3 of 7 (344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would also like to add another glitch im having, I buy the walls, it takes away the money, and there are no walls.

Message 4 of 7 (339 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@MANGQexe

Seems your thread was just moved to the right section. I think we can definitely help with your issues.

First off, can you give us a DXDiag so we get a better idea of the computer you are trying to play with? Standard smile

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, please follow the steps below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

64-bit Users will notice the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button in the bottom-left next to "Help" and should click it once it becomes available.  32-bit Users will not have this as a visible option.

Once you have an open DXDIAG report, there are several pieces of information that are especially helpful in pinpointing the cause of game performance issues:

• The main page of the DXIDAG is the System tab. On the System tab, make a note of what is written next to Operating System, Processor, and Memory. Those three pieces of information are the key components of the System tab.

• Next, click on the Display tab. On the Display tab (seen in the screenshot below) please note the information written next to the word Name. Finally, on the right-hand side of the Display tab is a Drivers heading. Please note what is written next to the word Date.

If you have any trouble reading the DXDIAG file yourself, you can save all the DXDIAG info as a text file and send it to an EA advisor for more assistance.

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible, then go to hastebin.com and copy the contents of the file.

9. Give us the link of the paste in a reply to this thread. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 7 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 6 of 7 (304 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@MANGQexe

Please copy the entirety of your DXDiag, as an edited one is all but useless to us. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)