Re: Computers Bug: Can't finish writing books?

by crinrict

Original Post

Computers Bug: Can't finish writing books?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The issue is with computers in the game, at first I thought the City Living computer was buggy, but this seems to happen to other computers as well. I think it started when the computer broke down once. While it broke down, the sim was writing.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try writing the specific novel, the screen freezes momentarily (3 seconds or so) then the sound of the computer shutting down is heard and it's as if nothing happened. This has happened twice so far and I cannot write or scrap specifically the two novels. The sim has managed to write and finish other ones, though.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should be able to finish the interaction and finish writing the books on the computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried buying a different computer, travelling to a different lot, resetting the object and the sim, I even sold and bought again the desk and anything else that was on it including the chair, I don't think it changed anything. I have never downloaded any mods for the game. I think the only things I haven't tried yet is testing computers on another family and fixing the game, but I am not sure how to do the latter exactly.

Message 1 of 5 (1,254 Views)

Hero

Did you also move out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,243 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @AmiBunny

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 5 (1,231 Views)

Hero

Taqgging @AmiBunny for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,175 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,148 Views)