Re: Computer freezing while playing Sims 4

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

★★★ Novice

It happened occasionaly before Spa Day, but I'm noticing it a lot more with Spa Day installed. I can't really think of a particular starting point for the freezes unfortunatly.

Message 11 of 20 (4,890 Views)

★★ Novice

I've only had this computer for 2 weeks now, so no, not on this computer.

Message 12 of 20 (4,879 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (4,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That did not fix it for me, sadly. Any other tips? I don't use any custom content, by the way. Just the base game.

Message 14 of 20 (4,865 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine has done it on occasion. I fixed it the first time by deleting the extra saves, and apparently deleted a corrupted save. Everything worked fine.
It just started doing it again, but now I can move all my data to the desktop and erase the folder from Documents, then restart the game and let it generate a new folder. With none of the old data in the game, it still freezes after about 5 or 10 minutes. My next attempt will be to back up my game packs (if I can find them) and erase the whole program from my computer and reinstall Sims 4 from scratch.

Message 15 of 20 (4,327 Views)

@KonoBokeSite could you make your own post with a DxDiag attached to it?
You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 16 of 20 (4,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Press control, Alt, Delete at the same time and use the arrow keys to go down to Sign Out. Then, it will give the option to sign out anyway, without closing Sims 4/Origin. Your mouse will unfreeze and you can close/continue playing the game.

Message 17 of 20 (3,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@ameliekoro my mouse is only frozen in sims, I can go in and out of the game but do nothing in the game. In the game I could press control,alt delete but it when I went back, it didnt do anything. do you know what else I can try?

@Bloodheartart I fixed it! dont know how but i fixed it! XD

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 18 of 20 (3,668 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kovyn Having this exact problem now November 2019 any fix?
Message 19 of 20 (3,334 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing the same issue on a brand new desktop with Windows 10 freshly installed, I copied my saved games from the other pc though

Message 20 of 20 (2,522 Views)