Computer crashing when I try to play Sims 3.

by allacoustica

Original Post

Computer crashing when I try to play Sims 3.

★★★ Newbie

So I haven't played my game in several months and today when I went to play it my whole computer crashed. I am able to open the launcher and press play like normal, the first loading screen is fine but then after I choose the town and press play the game seems like it is going to continue like normal until the very end of the second loading screen. At this point my computer will crash and restart. I have tried 4 times already but it's the same thing every time. I am currently running on Windows 10 and used to play the game perfectly fine with Windows 8. This is the first attempt after upgrading. I thought that it might have something to do with my CC/Mods so I uninstalled everything and tried again, the only difference was that I managed to click on CAS and then it would crash. I'm not very good with computers so I'm not sure what the issue is. As I said before my game was running perfectly fine before I upgraded to Windows 10. I checked for patches on my launcher but it is saying that my game is up to date. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Computer crashing when I try to play Sims 3.

Hero

If the whole computer is crashing it usually has something to do with overheating.

Can you check how hot your computer gets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)