Re: Computer crashes during build mode of Sims 4

by uncoordinatedfro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Computer crashes during build mode of Sims 4

★★ Apprentice

This has only started up recently. My whole computer crashes whenever I spend around 2 1/2-3 hours in BB. I do use CC/Mods. What I have done so far is: tried a new save and removed just the BB custom content. My computer crashes. I'm currently in the process of starting a brand new save in a brand new folder without any CC or mods to see if it continues to crash. 

I'm looking to see if this is a software or hardware issue.

There is a fair chance this could be a hardware issue. My desktop used to belong to my partner who has told me there have been issues with RAM in the past causing the computer to crash. I have a dxdiag document that I will attach. There are some crashes listed. I'm just wondering if anyone will be able to help look at that so I can rule things out. 

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

@uncoordinatedfro  The Sims 4 crashes in your dxdiag are just access violations, generic errors that could be due to almost anything, including bad mods or custom content.  So the place to start is definitely testing a new save in a clean folder.

if you're worried about issues with your installed RAM, you could simply test with one module at a time, or two 4 GB modules if you have them.  I can't tell the configuration from your dxdiag, but with 24 GB installed memory, you could remove 16 and still be able to play Sims 4 without issues as long as you didn't run much else alongside the game.  Make sure the one or two modules you're testing are in the correct slots: check the manual for your motherboard, which you can find here if you don't have the physical copy anymore:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-plus/support#manual

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

All Replies

@uncoordinatedfro  The Sims 4 crashes in your dxdiag are just access violations, generic errors that could be due to almost anything, including bad mods or custom content.  So the place to start is definitely testing a new save in a clean folder.

if you're worried about issues with your installed RAM, you could simply test with one module at a time, or two 4 GB modules if you have them.  I can't tell the configuration from your dxdiag, but with 24 GB installed memory, you could remove 16 and still be able to play Sims 4 without issues as long as you didn't run much else alongside the game.  Make sure the one or two modules you're testing are in the correct slots: check the manual for your motherboard, which you can find here if you don't have the physical copy anymore:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-plus/support#manual

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks. I've been in-game longer and there have been no crashes so I strongly suspect a bad or broken piece of CC.
Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)