Re: Computer Crashing and unable to reinstall Get Famous

by roberta591

Original Post

Computer Crashing and unable to reinstall Get Famous

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi All, 

Since installing Get Famous my computer keeps crashing all the way to black screen shutdown when playing sims 4. I did all the updating/verifying game options and removed all mods and CC. It was still crashing so completely uninstalled, am now attempting to reinstall and finding computer is crashing during install or coming up with 'error unable to complete at this time, comeback later' message. 

I just spent all morning getting my computer checked out, and they said it has something to do with the game. Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to fix it? 

I attached image of error message and computer system specs. 

Message 1 of 2 (203 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Computer Crashing and unable to reinstall Get Famous

Hero (Retired)

@ecw2910   There are many things that can cause a game to crash. Please post a complete dxdiag - how to post your computer's dxdiag  and attach the txt file to the paper clip at the lower right of the response window. The Windows uninstaller seldom removes all the files and these could be picked up when you run the installer. There is a program called revo uninstaller (there is a free version) that does a much better job. Try running Origin as administrator.

Message 2 of 2 (172 Views)