Complaint Sims 4 Get To Work

by latricenl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Complaint Sims 4 Get To Work

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I would like to speak to someone directly at EA in regards to the Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack. I pre-ordered and was able to download my game today. Imagine my surprise when I opened the game and found that the new neighborhood provides absolutely no homes are even the ability to create any. It simply has three pre-done businesses and 1 empty retail lot. Are you serious? So we can't even live in this new world. I have done my best to hang in here with this brand. I have loved Sims from the beginning and although Sims 4 was a hug let down I tried to stick with it. You don't give us the things that were basic in the prior game versions, you don't give us large neighborhoods or the ability to expand them or create new worlds. We can't even live in the Outdoor world only visit. Everyone said I was crazy for not giving up after you released Sims 4, but I understood new platforms take time. I was patient, but my patience has worn out. To add insult to injury you didn't even provide the option of a game guide so we could figure it out; how are we a detective with no police station in any world, a doctor but no hospital? If Sims 4 wasn't ready to truly add value to the brand why did you rush it? I am beyond upset, I am so very disappointed. I want my money back! I can't believe no one stopped to think about giving us the things you made us fall in love with over the years. My expectations were low because Sims 4 is new but really no new neighborhood, still no way to add a world; nope just kill off my current families or evict them if I want to play with new ones. Do you not see the problem with that? Why? I want to know why you didn't put us before your launch. Why was our commitment to this brand not important to you. Sims fans have been posting on social media and writing. We've been letting you know what we want, we we expect and yet again you failed to deliver. Will we even get an apology for the way you've taken this excellent brand and run it into the ground. Will you even care enough to offer an explanation or an apology? Today is my birthday. The only thing I wanted was this game. To spend the day creating the wonderful Sims I've grown accustom to. I had hoped to get some of the old great things back we lost way back in Sims 2 Open for Business. I was OK that you couldn't have a full on restaurant, I accepted that my babies go from infant to elementary, although the best part was the toddler years with the training, I let go of pets and seasons, I even let go of not being able to create additional worlds/neighborhoods but this  is truly the straw that broke the camels back. I am done. But do you even care?

-Former Sims Fan

Message 1 of 9 (1,020 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Complaint Sims 4 Get To Work

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You can get a refund here

https://www.origin.com/en-us/great-game-guarantee-terms

http://help.ea.com/en/refund/

I think they might have meant the regular sims forums.  There are simguru's who post there.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

*edit*  If you want to share bad experience stories... we can talk about SimCity :P :P

Anyways sorry you hate the game.  Hopefully future patches will let you enjoy it more.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,030 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Here is how to contact EA

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Message 2 of 9 (1,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I contacted the site and they told me they would communicate my concerns but that I should post to the forum. So here it goes again. They said if enough people get to responding the developers might actually look at it. I truly hope so. 

Complaint:

I pre-ordered  the Sims 4 Get to Work and was able to download my game today. Imagine my surprise when I opened the game and found that the new neighborhood provides absolutely no homes are even the ability to create any. It simply has three pre-done businesses and 1 empty retail lot. We can't even live in this new world. I have done my best to hang in here with this brand. I have loved Sims from the beginning and although Sims 4 was a huge let down I tried to stick with it. You don't give us the things that were basic in the prior game versions, you don't give us large neighborhoods or the ability to expand them or create new worlds. We can't even live in the Outdoor world only visit. Everyone said I was crazy for not giving up after you released Sims 4, but I understood new platforms take time. I was patient, but my patience has worn out. To add insult to injury you didn't even provide the option of a game guide so we could figure it out; how are we a detective with no police station in any world, a doctor but no hospital? If Sims 4 wasn't ready to truly add value to the brand why did you rush it? I am beyond upset, I am so very disappointed. I can't believe no one stopped to think about giving us the things you made us fall in love with over the years. My expectations were low because Sims 4 is new but really no new neighborhood, still no way to add a world; nope just kill off my current families or evict them if I want to play with new ones. Do you not see the problem with that? Sims fans have been posting on social media and writing. We've been letting you know what we want, what we expect and yet again you failed to deliver. I had hoped to get some of the old great things back we lost way back in Sims 2 and Sims 3; Sims 4 was supposed to be so much better, superior than the prior platforms. I accepted that my babies go from infant to elementary, although the best part was the toddler years with the training, I let go of pets and seasons, I even let go of not being able to create additional worlds/neighborhoods; I was OK that you couldn't have a full on restaurant, but not having a full useable neighborhood that is not alright. That is mediocre and for all our money spent on this franchise and all the years I deserve more, we all deserve more. The BIG Question is will you even care or respond?  

Message 3 of 9 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You can get a refund here

https://www.origin.com/en-us/great-game-guarantee-terms

http://help.ea.com/en/refund/

I think they might have meant the regular sims forums.  There are simguru's who post there.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/

*edit*  If you want to share bad experience stories... we can talk about SimCity :P :P

Anyways sorry you hate the game.  Hopefully future patches will let you enjoy it more.

Message 4 of 9 (1,031 Views)

Hero

You can bulldoze those lots and change the lots to residential with no issue, so you can live there. You can also add retail lots to any world (and yes, that takes up a lot of course)

There is a hospital, and a police station in one world and a science lab in a third one. You can edit those to your liking with a cheat. You can only go there if you are in the career and only during your work hours. Only exception are pregnant Sims who can also go to the hospital to have a baby.

This information was available beforehand from many sites that have played the game in advance. There's always lots of information available on the internet and if you were reluctant to buy, maybe it would have been a better idea to just read review before buying.

As WootCandy already said, it's better to post your feedback at the official forum. They have 2 forums just for ideas and feedback over there. AHQ is more for technical issues with the game.

I am too sorry that you don't like this expansion cause I'm enjoying it. Try seeing past what's not there and see what is there. How long did you actually play it ? You might be surprised.

If not, try get a refund for it and as said, maybe read reviews before getting the next one. All the things you complain about was information that was out there, all over the fan site, social media and the official forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to determine how to express the fact that I felt your response was a little rude and condescending. Perhaps I misunderstood the tone and emotion behind it.

First, I was told that this is the location to post my concerns per an EA Support Person so that is why I posted this message. If I had known there were two other forum locations or specifically had the links for them I would have posted there. 

Second, I posted to get some help and also hoping someone would provide some support/encouragement for a brand I have loved for years. I was looking to see if anyone else might have had the same experience or feel the same way, as well as what they might have done to resolve outside of "get a refund." I didn't post to have someone chat down to me and basically make me feel low and stupid because I didn't know which specific Internet information to review or where I could have posted these comments. By the way I did look at some videos that were made by those who got to see the game early and they didn't mention my concerns. Perhaps a person might view different information being that the Internet is so massive and people can't always look at everything. Not all of us have super technical skills or knowledge to get as deep into things or to find out where things are as easily or "obviously" as your message communicated; hence my original post.

Also, there is not a police station, hospital or science lab in any of my worlds for my Sims 4 game; I've checked several times.  I am also aware that I can bulldoze current lots and/or change retail to residential; that wasn't the point I was making. I don't want to have to bulldoze things. I wanted the option we had with Sims 2 and Sims 3 to create other neighborhoods and to have main neighborhood to be large like they were in other platforms. I also know I can get a refund; again not the point of the post. 

If you are rolling your eyes right now or planing on sharing another cold response; please don't as the one you already posted only resulted in hurting my feels and has me walking away feeling insulted. Guess the friendly Sims fan environment has also changed with this expansion.

Message 6 of 9 (920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you providing the link to that forum. I did a live chat with someone from EA Tech Support and they directed me to this location. I will visit that forum. Again I appreciate your friendly help/support.

PS. Sorry about Sim City a lot of people are disappointed with the changes for that platform. I personally haven't played but hope they make the changes fans are requesting.

Best regards,

Latrice

Message 7 of 9 (919 Views)

★ Novice

i totally agree with you. there are so many things are gone.....and feel so upset.....(-__-)

Message 8 of 9 (893 Views)

Hero

@latricenl wrote:

I'm trying to determine how to express the fact that I felt your response was a little rude and condescending. Perhaps I misunderstood the tone and emotion behind it.

It was not meant that way. I'm sorry if you felt I was being rude. English is not my mother tongue so sometimes, stuff comes across different than I mean it and being on the Internet doesn't help.

I was trying to line out what this EP HAS to offer and where your voice is best added if you want stuff changed. 

I just read so many complaints all day and people putting the game down. This EP has a lot to offer but there's a lot of people not even giving it a chance since it doesn't have this and that feature that they had prior. Sims 4 is it's own game and while it may be lacking for Sims 1-3 players, try to see it in the eyes of a totally new player. You are of course welcome to give your feedback but AHQ is the wrong place for that and I'm sorry you were told otherwise. I don't know why CS keeps referring feedback to this forum. I don't like everything about this game myself, I'm aware of the drawbacks and have been playing since Sim 1 myself. But nevertheless I enjoy it and people putting it down all the time, makes me very sad and hurts my feelings as well.

The official forum is here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/. It has section for everything you need and you can discuss your feelings with other Simmers that feel the same way you do (you will also find that they can REALLY be rude about it, just in comparison)

As said above, the police station/science lab/Hospital are only available if you go to there on your career but if you do, you can edit them and change with a cheat. I provided that support in my answer above. Also tried to help with your complaint about not being new lots for living. I wasn't aware that you knew that and that this made you feel put down. I was not putting you down, I was making sure you know that. That's all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (871 Views)