Re: Community Space saves as Residential

by crinrict

Original Post

Community Space saves as Residential

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion, game, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a community space on an unused lot. When saved, it will show as Residential even though Build Mode shows Community.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot shows as Community in Build Mode, but the Community Board can't be found and lot is unfinished. The lot shows as Residential when saved.
What do you expect to see? The lot should show as Community Space when saved, not Residential.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I build a community space on an unused lot, it saves as Residential instead of Community. 

Message 1 of 6 (495 Views)

Hero
@WildwingSuz is this just a matter of not finding the community board and hence not being able to fulfill the requirements ?

Sounds like you might have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/community-space-items-not-there/td-p/9989933

Try the workaround to place the community board and see if it works then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (490 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks--I've been able to replace the Community Board by using bb.showhiddenobjects which I found in another topic. 

The problem is that the venue type is not saving correctly.  It should be Community Space/Maker's Space but instead saves as Residential.  This means that other Sims don't come to use the objects like they do on the correct venues.  It also doesn't show up correctly in a search for that property. 

Hope that helps,

Suzanne

Message 3 of 6 (473 Views)

Hero
@WildwingSuz So you even get this with a complete space ? It worked fine for me so making sure it wasn't the missing community board.

Did you create something for all sub-lot types as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (456 Views)

Hero
@WildwingSuz Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (375 Views)

Hero
@WildwingSuz Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)