Re: Color Swatches Not Reflecting What Is Chosen Because Of Custom Content

by TombRaider03

Original Post

Color Swatches Not Reflecting What Is Chosen Because Of Custom Content

★★★ Newbie

I do want to preface that I am using custom content, though even when selecting a hairstyle that is official to the sims, I experience the issue where it turns green, even if I don't select green, and no matter what I use it stays as green. Usually, it will appear as the randomly selected first color, (most times black), and wont switch to any other color. It will only switch to green, and like I said, would remain as green even if you select other colors.

It was working just fine previously. At one point I wanted to delete a couple mods that I was no longer using, and did so, then when I booted back up, the issue began occurring. I put all the mods back, and even then the issue persisted. I though maybe it was an issue with my save file, but even with a new file, the issue still exists. Color swatches do appear correctly and without issues for humans, and CC hair when used on aliens will properly display the chosen color swatch, without issue.  When I turned off all CC it does get rid of the issue, though I enjoy using CC and wonder if there's anything I can do to fix the issue, or if anyone recently is encountering the same thing. 

I'm quite new to using mods for the sims, so any and all comments are appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (478 Views)

@TombRaider03  Since removing the custom content fixes the issue, you know the cause is one or more cc items.  If you're not sure which one(s) might be the problem, you can use the 50/50 method to sort through them:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Other than manually testing the files, there's no way to identify the problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah! Thank you so much, I'll definitely try that now. I greatly appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)