Codes of physical copies expansion packs don't work

by xBlueSkyNL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Codes of physical copies expansion packs don't work

★★ Novice

I wanted to add the expansion packs that I have physical copies of to my Origin account. I have the disks with codes and when I use the disk to install the expansion pack the code works, but when I use that same code in the 'Redeem Product Code' in the Origin launcher it does not work. I am able to use the expansion packs on this computer now by using the disks and then when I open Sims 3 in the Origin launcher it does display the expansion packs, but I would really like to have them connected to my account so I don't need the disks anymore. It has been a long time since I played the Sims 3 with the expansion packs that I own (Late Night, World Adventures, Supernatural and High-End Loft Stuff), so I am not entirely sure where I redeemed the codes all these years ago. However, I am sure that I am the only person that used these codes. My old Sims account should be connected to my Origin account, so I figured I should be able to connect these expansion packs to my Origin account so I no longer need the disks, but I have no idea how.

When I fill in the code in the 'Redeem Product Code' it does recognise the expansion pack that I am trying to connect, but then when I click 'Confirm' it says 'The product code you entered is not valid. Please re-enter the code.'. I do not understand why it says it is not valid, while it does recognise which expansion pack I am trying to redeem.

I also wanted to contact EA directly, but for some reason I am unable to actually contact them. When select the game, platform, topic and issue in 'Case information' and click 'Select contact option' it does not actually show any contact option and just shows me 'Your case info' with the things I selected. However, it did not allow me to actually write about what my issue was and when I click 'Edit' it just brings me back to the page where I can only select the game, platform, topic and issue.

Does anyone know how I can add these expansion packs to my account so I can finally throw away the disks?

Message 1 of 7 (2,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Codes of physical copies expansion packs don't work

@xBlueSkyNL  I'm not sure whether your issue is related, but there was a problem that prevented Sims 4 product keys from being registered on any EA site.  It should be resolved now, so if you didn't get through to support, please try redeeming your codes again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,831 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
Try to register your product keys on the website from The Sims 3, @xBlueSkyNL.
Make sure you're using the same EA / Origin account.
Here https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html or https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

For more information, read the complete installation guide for The Sims 3: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-complete-installation-guide/

You need the base game to use expansions.
Don't mix both ways to install them.

Use a computer and web browser to contact EA, by English chat: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Regards.
Message 2 of 7 (1,981 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for all of the information! Unfortunately, I'm getting the error 'The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit.' when I try the codes that came with the expansion packs. Is that because the codes are redeemed on another account? Is there any way to find out why the codes are invalid?

Message 3 of 7 (1,971 Views)

@xBlueSkyNL  If you've already registered the packs, then no, the codes won't work.  They can only be redeemed once, although as you've seen, you can still often use them to install the disc copies through Origin.

Are you totally sure they're not on your account already?  Open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, and see whether you're asked to Buy Now on the packs you own.  If not, then Origin knows you own them.

Otherwise, you can try entering any email address you can think of into the Origin login window and clicking "Forgot your password?"  Any address tied to an Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check the spam folder as well.

EA customer support is on limited hours right now: phone calls are entirely unavailable, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  Sometimes people can't get through even then because support is swamped.  But you can also try selecting a slightly different category of problem to see whether you get a contact option, for example missing content rather than code not working.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

When you do contact support, it would help to have a photo for each pack showing the disc, the box it came in, and the insert with the product key showing.  You can upload the photos directly to a live chat session.

Message 4 of 7 (1,943 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help! I looked in Origin and for all the expansion packs I mentioned it only gives me the option to buy them for 39.99 euros. I tried my other e-mail addresses but sadly none of them were connected to a Origin account. My old Sims account that connected to Origin also still has a username that I only used back then, so I am pretty sure if I redeemed them online it should be on this account. I will try to contact EA customer support again and make sure that I have pictures of my discs, thank you for the tip!

Message 5 of 7 (1,923 Views)

@xBlueSkyNL  I'm not sure whether your issue is related, but there was a problem that prevented Sims 4 product keys from being registered on any EA site.  It should be resolved now, so if you didn't get through to support, please try redeeming your codes again.

Message 6 of 7 (1,832 Views)

★★ Novice

It actually worked! I was able to redeem the codes in the Origin launcher and they now show up under Expansion packs in Game details. Thank you so much for letting me know!

Message 7 of 7 (1,792 Views)