Re: Code showing up as not valid

by janz797

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Code showing up as not valid

★★★ Novice

I was trying to purchase sims 3 generations today and i've run into many issues!

At first i wasn't able to purchase it from origin. It would say :Your action cannot be processed." My card and account info is all up to date. So i logged out of origin and logged back in and tried a few more times, all sending me the same message after.

I then went and purchased the game for double origins price at walmart. I got the code and put it in and its saying its not valid. I tried redeeming my code on EAs website as well and its the same thing each time.

I followed all of the instructions exactly. My origin app is also up to date, i checked.

Someone please help or give me a solution if you have one! I'm going crazy over here. It should NOT be this hard to download an expansion pack, I have bought and successfully done this 3 times before!!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (1,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

@janz797 and @pastabowl16  Please try redeeming your product keys now.  The problem may have been fixed, but let me know if it isn't.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (728 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Edit:  This was marked for visibility and is not considered solved.

@janz797  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.  This issue has surfaced today, or maybe yesterday, although some of the people reporting it have mentioned buying from unauthorized third-party sites.  Your code should have been fine though; I'm just saying it's not always easy to separate the issues.

Before doing anything else, please make sure that you are in fact entering the code properly, that you're not writing zero instead of the letter o, one instead of the letter i, etc.  It would be annoying for you to have to jump through hoops if this was the issue.

Just in case the code did work despite the error message, please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and see whether Generations is present.  Open your Origin game library, choose More > Expansion Packs, scroll down to Generations, and see whether you can download it.  Let me know either way.

If you're still asked to Buy Now, please try registering the code on the Sims 3 Store site, just to see whether the problem happens there too.  Login with your Origin credentials, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click Register a Game, and enter the 20-character code.

https://store.thesims3.com/

Otherwise, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask about the status of the code.  Support is on reduced hours right now: phone calls are entirely unavailable, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

When you contact support, it would be useful to have a photo showing the disc (if you have one), the box it came in, and the insert with the code printed on the back; as well as a photo of the receipt from Walmart.  You can upload the photos directly to a live chat session.

However this goes, please let me know what happens.  Since this might be a more widespread issue, any info you can provide would be appreciated.  And if this isn't a simple fix, I will ask if someone from EA might be able to take a look.

Message 2 of 10 (974 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the ideas. I’ll try clearing the cache and see what happens.

sorry if I said something incorrectly but I meant to say that it won’t even let me purchase it! Also the code from Walmart is brand new and should have worked so I assume it’s something from origin wonking out. 

Message 3 of 10 (959 Views)

@janz797  There's definitely something weird going on with Origin.  Aside from you, there are several posters who haven't been able to buy Sims 3 or Sims Medieval just in the last few hours, and I posted in their thread too.  (Here if you want to see.)

But I didn't read those until after I moved your post, and anyway, your code should work regardless of whether there's an isolated issue with Origin right now.  Either way, this is definitely worth forwarding to EA people, but it might take a day or two to get a response.

Message 4 of 10 (946 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried registering my games code on sims 3 and it came up as invalid again. I talked to ea support this morning and they didnt offer any solutions, just confirmed that my code wasn't working and told me to wait.

Message 5 of 10 (837 Views)

expansion pack code not working

★ Novice

I have a code for the Generations Expansion Pack and I could not enter the code on origin. It said I had to enter the code on the Sims 3 website. I entered it in all the possible places and it just said that it was an 'invalid code'. I then tried to enter my Sims 3 code but that didn't seem to work either. Sims 3 is working on origin and I have one expansion pack already. What could the problem be?

Message 6 of 10 (818 Views)

@janz797  Yup, it's been flagged, and EA people are looking into it.  Thanks for the update.  I'll post back when there's any news.

Message 7 of 10 (818 Views)

Re: expansion pack code not working

[ Edited ]

@pastabowl16  I've merged your post with another thread on this issue.  The problem is on EA's end, and it's being investigated.  I'll post back when there's any news.  Sorry this isn't working right now, but there's nothing players can do except wait for EA to fix it.

Message 8 of 10 (806 Views)

@janz797 and @pastabowl16  Please try redeeming your product keys now.  The problem may have been fixed, but let me know if it isn't.

Message 9 of 10 (729 Views)

★★★ Novice

ITS WORKING!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Message 10 of 10 (724 Views)